Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night 35 horde epic, Night 42 horde weak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Night 35 horde epic, Night 42 horde weak

    So without changing anything including location
    I was very happy and impressed with night 35 horde, I ran out of ammo. It got exciting.
    Swarms of vultures, too.

    Then I was all ready for some more excitement night 42.
    Weak
    Very weak
    Boring
    Very disappointing.

    oh well

    #2
    I recall MM mentioning horde nights can have their ups and downs. For example, one may have a ton vultures then the next tons of dogs.

    Comment


      #3
      If you save before a horde night and play it through a couple of times you can have vastly different experiences between play throughs.

      Comment


        #4
        Although Cheap, you can log out and back in before 4am for 2 x the horde fun.

        Comment


          #5
          I once had a horde of 2 zombies. Just 2. Nothing else. Then I was told a trick - go into a POI and kill a sleeper then the horde starts again. It worked, and I had dozens.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Clism View Post
            So without changing anything including location
            I was very happy and impressed with night 35 horde, I ran out of ammo. It got exciting.
            Swarms of vultures, too.

            Then I was all ready for some more excitement night 42.
            Weak
            Very weak
            Boring
            Very disappointing.
            First obvious question, did you die a lot between those hordes? Each death reduces the 'days alive' part of gamestage calculation by 2. On higher difficulties this can make a big difference.

            Next...Solo or multi-player? If solo, I can't explain this except to speculate that horde content is RNG and gamestage simply increases the chances of the harder zombies spawning. If multi-player, I can probably explain it. The start weight for gamestage scaling in MP appears to have been greatly reduced lately (which was needed).
            Last edited by Ghostlight; 11-09-2019, 02:45 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              My day 77 horde was weak AF. I went outside on the roof and there were tons of vultures doing nothing. I killed them. The horde picked up a little. Not much. I hope the next one is better. Watch on day 84, I am going to get like all Demolishers. Not that it matters. I am prepared for that.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                Although Cheap, you can log out and back in before 4am for 2 x the horde fun.
                Why? They keep coming until 4am for me.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CoolJ View Post
                  My day 77 horde was weak AF. I went outside on the roof and there were tons of vultures doing nothing. I killed them. The horde picked up a little. Not much. I hope the next one is better. Watch on day 84, I am going to get like all Demolishers. Not that it matters. I am prepared for that.
                  Sharing is caring. We need entertainment. 😎👍

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
                  Why? They keep coming until 4am for me.
                  It was a recommendation to those who are bored when the BM horde ends too soon for them. 😂👍

                  Comment


                    #10
                    great responses, thanks
                    I had not died, was lvl 93 on day 42 horde. Single player (sadly, I love MP but it's so badly broken).
                    Day 35 was one of the best hordes I'd ever seen, just kept going and going.
                    Day 42 was more like day 14.

                    And yeah in alpha 16 and 17 I used to log off and back on several times just to have slightly challenging hordes, but it kinda sucks.
                    This day 35 horde was great, almost epic, made me smile.

                    I miss the early days around alpha 8 or something where I used to be terrified sometimes lol, long waits at night trying to be quiet.
                    Best fun now is to spawn screamers, dozens of them, and not kill them AND BE ON FOOT, running around killing all the zeds. Loads of fun.
                    But I've not done that yet on alpha 18.

                    The challenge in this game is MP, if you've not tried it, 6 guys coming to your base with augers. Setting traps and killing them all is fun.
                    But there are many exploits that still are not fixed.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It's funny how much the hordes can vary especially with more or less players logged in as allies. For example, I did day 28 on my own and it was fairly steady no real problems. My brother and I did 35 together - we got wrecked before midnight (game time) and had to flee, spending the entire night running and fighting a skirmish battle. Very fun, but we lost the horde base hard as there was just demolisher after demonlisher even at day 35. Next one I did solo - again, no problem only saw a few demolishers.

                      Also see the same thing - sometimes no vultures, sometimes loads.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Thundy View Post
                        It's funny how much the hordes can vary especially with more or less players logged in as allies. For example, I did day 28 on my own and it was fairly steady no real problems. My brother and I did 35 together - we got wrecked before midnight (game time) and had to flee, spending the entire night running and fighting a skirmish battle. Very fun, but we lost the horde base hard as there was just demolisher after demonlisher even at day 35. Next one I did solo - again, no problem only saw a few demolishers.

                        Also see the same thing - sometimes no vultures, sometimes loads.
                        That's great stuff. You explain that well. Yeah so for me night 35 were about 10 demolishers and maybe 40+ irradiated cops.
                        Night 42 was about 10 radiated cops and not one demolisher. 35 was maybe 30 vultures, 42 was TWO vultures.
                        etc.
                        Oh well at least 42 repair was easy. Day 35 horde took two full game days and nights to repair.
                        It's still a good game, just late game solo I run out of things to do. MP late game is a lot of fun.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          My day 35 was easy, used half as many bullets as 28.

                          Of course, I'm maxed on machine gun, and dropped a pt into hidden strike, so doing more damage.
                          A lot more 1 shot kills (with nice ragdoll effects)

                          Have to see what 42 does. (GS now just short of 120, so not enough for demolishers)

                          It did last until 4am though, 28 was done around 2ish.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Thundy View Post
                            It's funny how much the hordes can vary especially with more or less players logged in as allies. For example, I did day 28 on my own and it was fairly steady no real problems. My brother and I did 35 together - we got wrecked before midnight (game time) and had to flee, spending the entire night running and fighting a skirmish battle. Very fun, but we lost the horde base hard as there was just demolisher after demonlisher even at day 35. Next one I did solo - again, no problem only saw a few demolishers.
                            Depends what build you're on. Until very recently the scaling of gamestage in multi-player was way off. Example:

                            Solo player: gamestage 100
                            Add 1 other player co-op who also has GS 100 = scaled GS of 320 (ridiculously high)

                            In most recent build:

                            Solo player: gamestage 100
                            Add 1 other player co-op who also has GS 100 = scaled GS of 180

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X