Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buried Treasure quest holes on MP EVERYWHERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland View Post
    I wonder if the treasure area could be reset at the moment you return to the trader and you hear that proximity trigger. That would Repair the terrain and remove the chest as well so that there aren’t treasure chests respawning loot.
    That may work for buried supplies quests. It won't do anything for treasure chests tho, no return to trader for those and a much larger hole as the radius is larger. As for myself I fill the top with wood frames just so I don't run into it later.

Comment

I wonder if the treasure area could be reset at the moment you return to the trader and you hear that proximity trigger. That would Repair the terrain and remove the chest as well so that there arenít treasure chests respawning loot.
      I actually thought that this was the way it worked and I just hadn't played a game long enough.

Comment

Same can be said of mining. Our server is like a Swiss cheese now

Comment

Pfft blow the whole world up! Give every =one 800 stacks of dynamite, no holeds to worry about if everything is blown to bedrock

/post drunking, I'm leaving now

Comment

I wonder if the treasure area could be reset at the moment you return to the trader and you hear that proximity trigger. That would Repair the terrain and remove the chest as well so that there arenít treasure chests respawning loot.
            Exactly what I had in mind . Just put in better words, as always

Comment

Originally posted by mr.natural View Post
              Same can be said of mining. Our server is like a Swiss cheese now
              I find mining to be a bigger problem. The treasure chest/buried supply holes are annoying but they are also only 2-3 blocks deep. Our mining holes are 15-20 blocks deep and much wider.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollowprime View Post
                I think the main problem with them is they respawn loot. I usually mark them on my map and will ocassionally check if they have respawned loot.
                <snip>
                WHAT???? Dang. Wish I'd known that before.

edit: Wait a minute there. Don't the chests explode when you take the loot out? Or am I thinking of the airdrops?
                Last edited by Lorca; 11-18-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjustus548 View Post
                  I find mining to be a bigger problem. The treasure chest/buried supply holes are annoying but they are also only 2-3 blocks deep. Our mining holes are 15-20 blocks deep and much wider.
                  This is actually what I was going to blame. I don't think all of those holes are just from buried treasure quests as much as they are swiss cheese from people mining minerals. I found that I, in a solo game, was creating a ton of swiss cheese just from hitting the surface rocks along with the 4 spots around them and 3 down. Very similar to a buried treasure dig...

Even after filling them in/marking with wooden frames, the land around the base was certainly hazardous to traverse on a fast moving motorcycle. So, I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger at buried treasure quests as much as look at the real change that happened in A18 with surface boulders.

Comment

I wonder if the treasure area could be reset at the moment you return to the trader and you hear that proximity trigger. That would Repair the terrain and remove the chest as well so that there aren’t treasure chests respawning loot.
                    That is a very good idea but I can only see 1 issue with that. What if a players base or player built structure is within the chunk that gets reset?

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
                      That is a very good idea but I can only see 1 issue with that. What if a players base or player built structure is within the chunk that gets reset?
                      Easy enough to add the bedroll/landclaim block dead zone exclusion area to the quest spawn.

Comment

Good idea, that would solve the issue of chunk reset by a player built structure. good thinking.

Comment

That would avoid existing claims (and rolls), but not existing player structures? I don't know how common it is for players to build additional structures, but setting up a lil bunker in each town doesn't seem far fetched.. not a big loss either, of course.

Comment

I agree that the culprit is most likely the surface mineral nodes rather than treasure quests or, I suppose, a combo of both.

Comment

I agree that the culprit is most likely the surface mineral nodes rather than treasure quests or, I suppose, a combo of both.
                              Simple solution. The minerals go UP from the node ensuring no holes need be excavated ever!

-Morloc

Comment

Originally posted by Morloc View Post
                                Simple solution. The minerals go UP from the node ensuring no holes need be excavated ever!
                                <snip>
                                -Morloc
                                LMFAO!!!!!!!!! great idea that made me laugh so hard.
                                Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 11-18-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X