Anyone else miss looting zombie corpses?

Korrasis

I miss them sometimes. It was nice to see hundreds of them all scattered around your base after a horde night.

Cleaning up didn’t bother me as is claimed to be one of the reasons for removal.

What bothered me a lot about those was just how ugly they were. You would kill a cheerleader and a moment later she turns into a cartoony version of a bald male corpse that’s been decaying for years with its limbs folded like a towel. Not just ugly in graphics, but also in physics. They would sit on top of spikes all perfectly horizontal like they were flattened pieces of wood or something.

Unfortunately they still use that hideous thing in some POIs.

As the title says I am just wondering if anyone else misses zombie corpse loot?

A thousand times no! ;-)

Strictly imho of course, but the new system is massively better than the old one. Infrequent, easily seen, long lasting loot bags that have a higher chance of actually dropping something I want, as opposed to frantically "opening up" every single zombie corpse to loot a stick or a piece of grass is a big gain in my book.

A thousand times no! ;-)

Strictly imho of course, but the new system is massively better than the old one. Infrequent, easily seen, long lasting loot bags that have a higher chance of actually dropping something I want, as opposed to frantically "opening up" every single zombie corpse to loot a stick or a piece of grass is a big gain in my book.

Yup, this sums up my feelings exactly. It has been one of the most welcome changes to come back to after being away for awhile!

I kind of miss it.

I rather like how Zomboid and CDDA do it. Everything has some form of gear, but it may be ruined, rotten, bloody, disease riddled, or just not fit well, so it may bring penalties with it. You may have to use it, for lack of anything else, but it would bring penalties with its bonuses.

Makes finding something in good shape that fits very rewarding and something you want to maintain and treasure.

Those are survival games, though. I think 7 Days is heading more in an action direction. Which I have no problems with. There's room in my heart for both survival and action games.

A thousand times no! ;-)

I am currently lvl 88. 3800+ Z'kills... I've seen maybe 10 lootbags, maybe 20 if I forgot some.

And the best thing I got was like lvl 3 ak and maybe some bullets. But honestly, not worth looking in most of the time (sometimes a few dukes but mostly just jars of water and uninteresting stuff)

It should be more frequent and the rewards should always be SOMETHING useful.

Ammo for military zombies, mechanical/electrical parts for workers, health items for nurses

But if I find another dropped lootbag with water, paper of ONE NORMAL BANDAGE in it, I will rip it apart xD

I liked the looting although I don't miss going through every corpse and finding nothing of interest. So I think if the drops were more frequent (1/10-1/30) and the loot was a bit more interesting, I would absolutely miss nothing. Only the bones from cutting them open is a thorn in my eye :D

I miss them sometimes. It was nice to see hundreds of them all scattered around your base after a horde night.

Cleaning up didn’t bother me as is claimed to be one of the reasons for removal.

What bothered me a lot about those was just how ugly they were. You would kill a cheerleader and a moment later she turns into a cartoony version of a bald male corpse that’s been decaying for years with its limbs folded like a towel. Not just ugly in graphics, but also in physics. They would sit on top of spikes all perfectly horizontal like they were flattened pieces of wood or something.

I miss the giant ugly gore blocks they made. It was cool as hell having a meat obelisk block the door. They also generated heat so if you did not clean them up fast enough, they would attract scout zombies. Apparently i am in a small minority of people that liked that mechanic.

The themed zombie loot was neat. Hunting down businessmen for money, nurses for antibiotics, and cops for gun parts added a level to looting. The improved loot in the loot drops makes up for this being taken out.

I miss the giant ugly gore blocks they made. It was cool as hell having a meat obelisk block the door. They also generated heat so if you did not clean them up fast enough, they would attract scout zombies. Apparently i am in a small minority of people that liked that mechanic.

The themed zombie loot was neat. Hunting down businessmen for money, nurses for antibiotics, and cops for gun parts added a level to looting. The improved loot in the loot drops makes up for this being taken out.

Yes, the buildup of gore method was pretty cool.

I was mainly talking about the simple container torsos of A16 that instead just destroyed themselves when piling on top of each other.

I am currently lvl 88. 3800+ Z'kills... I've seen maybe 10 lootbags, maybe 20 if I forgot some.

And the best thing I got was like lvl 3 ak and maybe some bullets. But honestly, not worth looking in most of the time (sometimes a few dukes but mostly just jars of water and uninteresting stuff)

It should be more frequent and the rewards should always be SOMETHING useful.

Ammo for military zombies, mechanical/electrical parts for workers, health items for nurses

But if I find another dropped lootbag with water, paper of ONE NORMAL BANDAGE in it, I will rip it apart xD

I liked the looting although I don't miss going through every corpse and finding nothing of interest. So I think if the drops were more frequent (1/10-1/30) and the loot was a bit more interesting, I would absolutely miss nothing. Only the bones from cutting them open is a thorn in my eye :D

Hmm, odd, cause I'll about that many lootbags than that from a single blood moon horde. Easily.

Yes I miss the looting and the chopping up of bodies.

I miss that I could get a hoe from a farmer, bandages from a nurse, rifle or gold nugget from a cowboy, and the best loot on the zombies that were hardest to kill like policemen and ferals. It is especially unrewarding killing cop zombies now. Before you had to kill them before they exploded or the loot would be destroyed. Now I don't care. Just wound them a bit and let them blow themselves up.

Also the actual chopping up of corpses was great fun. Fulfilling to see the all the bodies after a horde and then chop up their bodies for bones and rotten meat, and up your knife skills with LBD.

The game is still great without all that, but little things like that take a game from being great to a cult classic in my opinion.

I miss it a lot. In A16 you saw hundreds of zombie corpses lying on the ground and had the feeling to have accomplished something. This feeling was even stronger when you looted and chopping up all the corpses.

In A17/A18 I have the feeling to fight ghosts. As soon as the horde night is over it's as if nothing ever happened apart from a few yellow bags lying on the ground and my base being damaged.

This. I used to hunt biker zombies for the rare chance of minibike parts, and construction zombies to get my first mining helmet. And army zombies usually dropped gun/ammo.

What I miss even more was that every horde night replenished my bones with some chore work. Needed that glue for more explosive bolts. In the new alphas, they finally balanced it so you can perk more harvesting and spend some time specifically to gather bones, but the horde corpse pile was like a earned bonus to me. I went out of my way to make the corpse pile bigger each horde night (or tried to find ways to harvest them during the horde if possible).

I did at first, seeing all the aftermath of a good horde night was rewarding. But the new system plays much smoother. Some zombies still drop loot bags, no harvesting/looting hundreds of corpses which was usually trash items. If you play on random horde every night then cleaning up corpses would be a massive chore.

I prefer the new system.

There were some cool things about the old system but what I didnt like was the cleanup job and how ugly the models were. Players already had to repair their bases so it was just another maintenance time sink for immersion reasons. Given the devs added more activities (quests) for the players to interact with, it makes sense to me why it was removed.

Don't you dare, those are basically one of the only damn blocks in this game that still gives out the feeling that everyone died at the hands of blood-thirsty monsters and the world is ending. They even removed the old corpse blocks that you would sometimes encounter in some POIs or in the road.

Aside from a couple small blood splatters here and there, there's almost no decaying corpses anywhere. In a zombie apocalypse, this is a no no. Thank God we have those gore blocks to decorate the apocalypse a little bit at least.

Don't you dare, those are basically one of the only damn blocks in this game that still gives out the feeling that everyone died at the hands of blood-thirsty monsters and the world is ending. They even removed the old corpse blocks that you would sometimes encounter in some POIs or in the road.

Aside from a couple small blood splatters here and there, there's almost no decaying corpses anywhere. In a zombie apocalypse, this is a no no. Thank God we have those gore blocks to decorate the apocalypse a little bit at least.

It would be nice if we had zombie corpse blocks that looked like sleepers (not entities). That would keep people on their toes...and allow prefab creators add more randomness to each POI.

It would be nice if we had zombie corpse blocks that looked like sleepers (not entities). That would keep people on their toes...and allow prefab creators add more randomness to each POI.

I remember asking madmole if zombie "decoys" were planned (basically what you just described). He said they were.

Welp. Instead, they removed the sitting corpse and half dismembered corpse block. Sad.

Archived