No announcement yet.

Junk turret poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk turrets need to be craftable much earlier in the game but they also need some form of...recharging. Just placing bullets in them and them having some form of nuclear power sentience is just unrealistic.
    Having a rechargable battery that can be charged by the player should fix the realistic part.

And to be honest, I would like to see more auto turrets protecting the entrance of structures when I'm questing in pvp.

Hell I'd say let's give every turret the ability to be autonomous as far as there are enough batteries to recharge..

Comment

I don't see how one person using the junk turret has an effect on anyone else's game so let people do as they please. Don't like it..don't use it. This game can easily be abused and cheated in many ways, if that's the goal then people are going to do it no matter what. Taking out the turret wont change that, it just takes away another toy that some people quite enjoy playing with. The turrets fit in perfectly fine in a "Mad Max" type world where you scavenge the wasteland looking for parts to build what you need to survive.

I voted 4 for freedom and if freedom is too easy for you, raise the difficulty.

Comment

I don't care for lore/backstory just make up your own, if it's fun I'm all for it, devs can add giant monsters if they were fun boss fights 7dtd+MHW

Don't seem that out of place to me, seems to fit in with Int style. Maybe one of the mod slots needs a battery that needs recharging after awhile.

Saying that I rarely use them, maybe a couple round the base as an alarm system, they don't do much on Insane, can stumble zeds to give yourself some breathing room, but bit too cumbersome for me with all the reloading and non rotatable.

Comment

Scrap-turrets are a senseless acquisition of modernity and should be removed. (RR)

#REMOVE IT

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
            The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)
            A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.
            I find this is a common issue with a lot of complaints. People want to complain about parts of the game being too easy or loot being too plentiful but will refuse to turn up the difficulty or turn down loot. They want to play on the easiest settings but then complain that it's too easy. I just don't understand people at times lol.

Comment

I voted for 1 because there was no choice for "Don't fit in and need serious refinement". They need a battery, motion sensor and laser sight at least. And, as I said in the other JT thread, we should come across an activated turret once in a while that needs to be overcome or bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeraal View Post
                we should come across an activated turret once in a while that needs to be overcome or bypassed.
                This would require the owner to be around for it to be active though. Not quite sure how it would work if the owner was a zombie. Would be nice after they introduce bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                  5 seems like a lot.
                  Running an Int build, 2 JT would fire up to 485 rounds per minute, 7275 over a horde night, 36000 iron in a horde night.
                  They would not fire 100% but still a substantial part of that.

The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)
                  A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.
                  Well early game (when you have no ammo) the int build is by far the strongest.
                  2 maxed out turrets and having a stun baton with fire on it will be able to hold nearly 10 irradiated... ON INSANE DIFFICULTY. (also you get double xp xD but thats a bug since you can kill the already dead zombies again for xp)

They are very strong, but not compared to a fully modded M60 with 126 ammo and 500 rounds per minute.
                  They are awesome and ressource saving early on when you need to get better stuff and on hordenights they do help a lot.

But at lvl 50+ when you have a lvl 6 m60, there is no need for them... if you havent already perked 10 into int.

Comment

A bit off topic (someone mentioned it above and it made me think) but maybe to solve the un-powered magic workbenches and cement mixers you should have to stand there at first to make stuff, but then be able to get a NPC who requires only food in exchange for labour who runs the bench and cycles on a bike to provide power for the cement mixer. This would also address how easy food is medium/late game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundy View Post
                      A bit off topic (someone mentioned it above and it made me think) but maybe to solve the un-powered magic workbenches and cement mixers you should have to stand there at first to make stuff, but then be able to get a NPC who requires only food in exchange for labour who runs the bench and cycles on a bike to provide power for the cement mixer. This would also address how easy food is medium/late game.

As awesome as NPC henchmen would be I doubt we will ever get such a thing in this game. Just getting the bandits to do anything other than stand there and shoot at you has proven to be a challenge, judging by some of the mods that allow them to be spawned.

Comment

Come on it can't be that hard Colony Survival does it

Comment

Show me any weapon that has the power to magically miss you/shoot right thru you when you stand right in front of it and yet still hit it's target and I'll tell you the same thing. It's OP and needs to be changed or removed. Same goes for needing no power source, either in construction or in use. At least make it use a battery to construct if not hooked up to run also.

Comment

Junk Turrets are a lot of fun. I'd vote, don't remove fun things from the game.

Comment

I enjoy how this poll backfired, given context of the other thread.

Variety will always trump "realism" in a ZOMBIE game.

We have flesh regenerating grip, but a junk turret is a problem, when we already have shotgun and SMG turrets.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrook1028 View Post
                                It's OP and needs to be changed or removed. Same goes for needing no power source, either in construction or in use. At least make it use a battery to construct if not hooked up to run also.
                                OP against who, the zombies? Because if you turn up the difficulty they no longer seem so "OP". Crank up that difficulty and share a video with us showing how OP they are. If you mean OP for the one or two PVP servers that exist, it has been stated many times that the primary focus of this game is not a pvp. Yes, there is a small pvp community but instead of changing the game for everyone (removing items) you can simply mod the game to your liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X