Junk turret poll

Synvastian

Junk turret poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Junk turret poll

• 1) Junk Turrets are out of place and should be removed
    • 2) Junk Turrets are out of place but should remain
    • 3) Junk Turrets fit right in but should be removed
    • 4) Junk Turrets fit right in and should remain.

some lore work needs to be done with the junk turrets, like make them more militarized, or make them look like pitching machines.

Or give it proper nomenclature like: AN-GWQ improvised ammunition defense system.

Seeing as it can be modded, i would push the latter, and give it the lore that it was deployed to fire debris and improvised chaff at mortars to take them out, but has been modified to be used to help secure buildings during the outbreak.

I agree that all they need is some backstory and they’ll fit. They could’ve given the giant bees some backstory to help them fit.

Since I have a keen imagination and can tell myself whatever backstory seems required I voted 4

I miss the bees. the undead cliff racer vultures are a great addition, but i think the giant bees need to come back. With better AI they could be a very dangerous enemy.

Granted, they gave the game a more 50s B movie feel...

They're no more or less out of place than anything else.

Motion sensing - I can make multiple turrets, trip wires etc that do that.

Laser targetting - I can make mods that project a laser target, seems no biggie to connect that to the above mentioned motion sensing.

Doesn't need power - odd it's true, but how odd, given that I've got an unpowered Workbench that magically makes items for me while I'm away, along with unpowered tablesaws and cement mixers too.

Junk turrets seem no more or less out of place to me than many other systems in the game.

^^

Exactly lol. Nothing in this game logically makes sense and it doesn't have to. I mean, we can take some basic random electrical junk, some shredded plastic and make a computerized smart-motion camera lol.

Junk turrets are 100% cool imo. I do say their ammo should require more iron, just to balance it out a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss the bees. the undead cliff racer vultures are a great addition, but i think the giant bees need to come back. With better AI they could be a very dangerous enemy.

Granted, they gave the game a more 50s B movie feel...

I'd give you rep for undead cliff racer vultures but i couldn't lmao. Nice one

Hmmm, I think junk turrets fit, but should be nerfed.

They shouldn't be removed, as they fit perfectly with the flavor and style of the INT tree, but Voting that they "fit right an should remain" implies that I'm perfectly happy with them, and they are WAY too OP....

after playing multiple playthroughs on multiple permutations of attributes, nothing feels like it comes close to the blood moon defensive power of junk turrets. Only machine gunners can match the zombie clearing power, and the ammo cost is astronomical compared to the minimal cost of turrets.

Maybe the key here is the self powered problem. Maybe instead of repair kits they should be put in a charger? Have the charger be in military loot or be built via perk or schematic, and have it require electricity. The turrets go from being an op low maintenance item to an op high maintenance item. This saves a repair kit, and you no longer get annoyed by finding a million of them in loot since they can't be repaired without a complicated setup.

Junk turrets are 100% cool imo. I do say their ammo should require more iron, just to balance it out a bit.

The original design asked for them firing scrap iron directly. I quickly put in an ammo item so I could scale the cost at all. =)

Oh, cool idea man :) It makes sense too, really. Gotta mold the metal to fit properly(?)

I think it may could go to like 5 iron per ammo?

well there is the balance fix right there: make the ammo only crafted in the forge.

OR

replace the ammo with darts.

also give it a warm up time where it makes very loud air compressor noises before it can fire, so it wakes up EVERYTHING in the room and near you. That will make it less desirable for clearing out pois?

5 seems like a lot.

Running an Int build, 2 JT would fire up to 485 rounds per minute, 7275 over a horde night, 36000 iron in a horde night.

They would not fire 100% but still a substantial part of that.

The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)

A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.

5 seems like a lot.

Running an Int build, 2 JT would fire up to 485 rounds per minute, 7275 over a horde night, 36000 iron in a horde night.

The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)

A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.

It is mostly the stun/knock back that is OP and I play survivalist now.

Also animal damage is too high IMO

Junk turrets need to be craftable much earlier in the game but they also need some form of...recharging. Just placing bullets in them and them having some form of nuclear power sentience is just unrealistic.

Having a rechargable battery that can be charged by the player should fix the realistic part.

And to be honest, I would like to see more auto turrets protecting the entrance of structures when I'm questing in pvp.

Hell I'd say let's give every turret the ability to be autonomous as far as there are enough batteries to recharge..

I don't see how one person using the junk turret has an effect on anyone else's game so let people do as they please. Don't like it..don't use it. This game can easily be abused and cheated in many ways, if that's the goal then people are going to do it no matter what. Taking out the turret wont change that, it just takes away another toy that some people quite enjoy playing with. The turrets fit in perfectly fine in a "Mad Max" type world where you scavenge the wasteland looking for parts to build what you need to survive.

I voted 4 for freedom and if freedom is too easy for you, raise the difficulty.

I don't care for lore/backstory just make up your own, if it's fun I'm all for it, devs can add giant monsters if they were fun boss fights 7dtd+MHW :)

Don't seem that out of place to me, seems to fit in with Int style. Maybe one of the mod slots needs a battery that needs recharging after awhile.

Saying that I rarely use them, maybe a couple round the base as an alarm system, they don't do much on Insane, can stumble zeds to give yourself some breathing room, but bit too cumbersome for me with all the reloading and non rotatable.

I find this is a common issue with a lot of complaints. People want to complain about parts of the game being too easy or loot being too plentiful but will refuse to turn up the difficulty or turn down loot. They want to play on the easiest settings but then complain that it's too easy. I just don't understand people at times lol.

I voted for 1 because there was no choice for "Don't fit in and need serious refinement". They need a battery, motion sensor and laser sight at least. And, as I said in the other JT thread, we should come across an activated turret once in a while that needs to be overcome or bypassed.

5 seems like a lot.

Well early game (when you have no ammo) the int build is by far the strongest.

2 maxed out turrets and having a stun baton with fire on it will be able to hold nearly 10 irradiated... ON INSANE DIFFICULTY. (also you get double xp xD but thats a bug since you can kill the already dead zombies again for xp)

They are very strong, but not compared to a fully modded M60 with 126 ammo and 500 rounds per minute.

They are awesome and ressource saving early on when you need to get better stuff and on hordenights they do help a lot.

But at lvl 50+ when you have a lvl 6 m60, there is no need for them... if you havent already perked 10 into int.

A bit off topic (someone mentioned it above and it made me think) but maybe to solve the un-powered magic workbenches and cement mixers you should have to stand there at first to make stuff, but then be able to get a NPC who requires only food in exchange for labour who runs the bench and cycles on a bike to provide power for the cement mixer. This would also address how easy food is medium/late game.

A bit off topic (someone mentioned it above and it made me think) but maybe to solve the un-powered magic workbenches and cement mixers you should have to stand there at first to make stuff, but then be able to get a NPC who requires only food in exchange for labour who runs the bench and cycles on a bike to provide power for the cement mixer. This would also address how easy food is medium/late game.

As awesome as NPC henchmen would be I doubt we will ever get such a thing in this game. Just getting the bandits to do anything other than stand there and shoot at you has proven to be a challenge, judging by some of the mods that allow them to be spawned.

Archived