Goals beyond the 7 days survival cycle

ungkor

Have the creators ever hinted at game goals that would go beyond just surviving each horde night?

I played 17 until day 100 or so, and basically the game was 'over'. Every tool and weapon I had had max mods, my base was basically totally secure, huge farm so food was no issue, thousands of parts and components, 90,000+ iron, etc.

I started 18 and got to about day 14 and started to think, do I really want to get to day 100 again just to sit back and having nothing else to do? (I really don't like the perk system/schematic/book system now, but that is another topic for another time).

I'd love it if the makers would add something like missions into the radiations zones. You have to kill the zombies in the yellow bio suits to get enough 'suit parts' to survive the radiation zones. Then raid-like dungeons with bigger bosses to kill or something more challenging to do. You can only spend a certain amount of time in the radiation zones, and have to constantly heal with rad-away, or something to counter the effects. Getting hit tears your suit and you start taking damage, etc...

It just seems like tweaking the perks, weapons, and types of zombies, is only going to take this game so far. People will get bored and move on. In my ideal world, I'd have them take the game back to 17.4, and instead spend the time building 18 on making more progression goals rather than relying only on the 7 day cycle as the goal.

They've never hinted at a real end to the game, but certainly about adding more RPG elements, a backstory, more involved quests that tie into that story. They're probably trying to get the game looking decent and running decently before adding bandits. Bandits are likely to play a large part in all of this, so they have to get to that point first. There is also a new random encounter system in the works that is likely to also tie into all of that and the bandits. That's all I know.

EDIT: I forgot about radiation zones. Supposedly there are big plans for them, similar to what you mentioned.

There is no end game past gathering all the Q6 items and perk books.

You can build something big, but due to non existent optimization it doesn't even matter after X day to improve your defenses, because limitations to how many Zs can be on screen without their AI going completely down, having them stand or swing at air making improvements pointless.

Game basically becomes poor mans minecraft at "end game" as there is nothing to do outside of building.

Have the creators ever hinted at game goals that would go beyond just surviving each horde night?

I played 17 until day 100 or so, and basically the game was 'over'. Every tool and weapon I had had max mods, my base was basically totally secure, huge farm so food was no issue, thousands of parts and components, 90,000+ iron, etc.

Your gamestage was almost certainly not maxed out. So you were not facing the strongest end-game horde on blood moons that you would end up facing if you had continued playing that map beyond day 100. Just saying. A lot of people don't care, others strive to take gamestage as high as they can get it, for the additional challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no end game past gathering all the Q6 items and perk books.

Well what about taking gamestage as high as it can go and then surviving the blood mood? That's definitely a potential end-game for players that want it. Looking at the XML, the toughest blood moon horde defined is gamestage 4096. I am fairly sure that by the time you get all Q6 items and all books, your GS will not be anywhere near 4096.

Well what about taking gamestage as high as it can go and then surviving the blood mood? That's definitely a potential end-game for players that want it. Looking at the XML, the toughest blood moon horde defined is gamestage 4096. I am fairly sure that by the time you get all Q6 items and all books, your GS will not be anywhere near 4096.

And how does the GS change the difficulty further?

I mean, I'm at the point, where all I could fight is irradiated demolishers and it still wouldn't make difference to me.

An actual horde could be a threat - set limit that constantly respawns, because otherwise server will pop is not a problem.

And how does the GS change the difficulty further?

Horde gets bigger. Occurence of top tier zombies gets higher. So more Demolishers etc

I mean, I'm at the point, where all I could fight is irradiated demolishers and it still wouldn't make difference to me.

But you didn't actually fight that did ya? It's very easy to say to yourself....my base can now handle ANY horde no matter what type and how many. Heck I I've said it to myself a ton....and I've been proved wrong serveral times when I decided to just keep going. Just to see. I remember a time in A16 when we went past day 200 for the first time. Gamestage was 4800 (it was measured differently back then). Base was entirely Polished Steel (remember that mechanic??) and we had declared it utterly impregnable. Barad Dur.

We lost it.

Horde gets bigger. Occurence of top tier zombies gets higher. So more Demolishers etc

But you didn't actually fight that did ya? It's very easy to say to yourself....my base can now handle ANY horde no matter what type and how many. Heck I I've said it to myself a ton....and I've been proved wrong serveral times when I decided to just keep going. Just to see. I remember a time in A16 when we went past day 200 for the first time. Gamestage was 4800 (it was measured differently back then). Base was entirely Polished Steel (remember that mechanic??) and we had declared it utterly impregnable. Barad Dur.

We lost it.

My base is currently impregnable.....but havent seen demos yet 😂 ...and I play on default difficulty for the most part...

...I look forward to adding to the many tears of you who have waved the white flag...😂

I wouldn't mind a dead is dead setting.

How is that on topic?

Well... at the end, when you die, you could have a rating or score.

This would give me a new endgame goal. I can assume that it is ok that at some point in the game, my base will be destroyed.... but how long can it stand? how long can I live after it falls? Can I beat my last score?

My base is currently impregnable.....but havent seen demos yet ...and I play on default difficulty for the most part...

...I look forward to adding to the many tears of you who have waved the white flag...

Heh. I wish you all the luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mind a dead is dead setting.

How is that on topic?

Well... at the end, when you die, you could have a rating or score.

This would give me a new endgame goal. I can assume that it is ok that at some point in the game, my base will be destroyed.... but how long can it stand? how long can I live after it falls? Can I beat my last score?

Then surely your gamestage is the score?

Your gamestage was almost certainly not maxed out. So you were not facing the strongest end-game horde on blood moons that you would end up facing if you had continued playing that map beyond day 100. Just saying. A lot of people don't care, others strive to take gamestage as high as they can get it, for the additional challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

This is me on day 63 with maxed long rifle perks.

With vertical and horizontal electric fences, two dart traps in the back, barbed wire on the sides, I went through maybe 200 rounds of ammo. Day 124 with a layer of iron spike traps, more use of the dart traps, I bet I'd use 400-500 rounds. All craftable easily by mining coal/nitrate.

It just scales up and takes more mining and more ammo use, but the basic horde intelligence and tactics don't change. It just becomes more "grindy" week after week to take on larger numbers.

The idea mentioned above, bandits, and possible use of the radiation zone would be great. What if, after attacking a "mega base" in the radiation zone, those zombies occasionally retaliate on a blood moon night, and send a handful of super strong boss type mobs that have completely different tactics, like trying to dig under you? Or ignoring short paths, and instead start tearing down the strongest paths? Or only try to do as much damage to your base as possible (as revenge) and ignore trying to kill you?

But that would mean adding a layer of skills/tools to deal with those new challenges. Underground collapsible tunnel traps, more types of sentry guns, maybe one use/limited use "artifacts" from before "the war" (or whatever happened). Like a military combat robot you could trigger to fightoff the bosses.

I look forward to seeing where the game goes over time. But for now, just the 7 day cycle has lost my interest.

I really hope the game focuses and enhances base building and society building (farming, crafting, fuel refining, power plants, etc) aspects. That is my personal favorite type of game, but even just more epic goals would be great.

As far as I remember, there will be a end-game event. The storyline continues to grow, and with the Bandits and NPCs will come a boss, the Duke, who stranded you in the 7 Days to die zone in the first place. So you will have to defeat him at the end of the day.

We lost it.

I'm actively participating. Defending in a group between 2 to 6 players(all levels of experience, but when everyone is online, GS is well above 1000 as party GS atm is just being added instead of averaged), base isn't even made to exploit AI in any way nor is it sprayed with traps to the point where you can just AFK the horde, but you'd really have to deliberately bait and activate demolishers for them to break through.

Sure, rebuilding happens, but its more of a planned destruction and layered defense instead of "omg wall is down and so are we".

Maximum amount of zombies spawning that isn't causing AI to run in circles and stutter(30, server is rented from pingperfect).

I'm actively participating. Defending in a group between 2 to 6 players(all levels of experience, but when everyone is online, GS is well above 1000 as party GS atm is just being added instead of averaged), base isn't even made to exploit AI in any way nor is it sprayed with traps to the point where you can just AFK the horde, but you'd really have to deliberately bait and activate demolishers for them to break through.

Sure, rebuilding happens, but its more of a planned destruction and layered defense instead of "omg wall is down and so are we".

Maximum amount of zombies spawning that isn't causing AI to run in circles and stutter(30, server is rented from pingperfect).

That same Polished Steel impregnable base that we lost was also based on controlled destruction and layers of defence. And the 4096 GS horde is not the same as the GS 1000 horde. Just saying. :)

One problem with almost all openworld-crafting games is, you need to decide yourself what you want to go for.

You asked for bigger bosses but also said you are equipment is already maxed. If they were bigger bosses, you go there, kill them... and then? Asking for even bigger bosses?

You want a boss almost impossible to kill? Until anybody posts a cheesy way to kill it anyway, then you go with this. Like so many people building cheesy horde bases and then complain about there is no challenge anymore.

You want to survive radzone? Once you got your suit you easily survive the radone. And then?

Set your own targets to whatever you want or interested in.

If you on day 100 and are bored... increase difficulty level and with that your gamestage increases immediately. Survive a gs2000 horde instead of just a gs1000 horde.

Or maybe do tier 5 trader quests, at least in every tier 5 able building in your own town.

Make it a rouge-like game. No base building, try how long you can survive (maybe even with permadeath).

Try nomad style, maybe with building but never use a base twice. Try how long you can survive that way.

Make exploring the whole map your target. Without using vehicles!

Try other things. Maybe prepare a skyscraper. On BM stay on top until the horde is inside, lock them, then let the whole skyscraper collapse (the skyscraper has to prepared to make the Zs go in and up and you need to bring it to final collapse fast).

Play a game without gardening and don't buy food from vending machines or traders. With no loot respawn (and not doing fetch quests from traders to get free loot respawn).

There are many threads here in the forum discussing about what could be different challenges.

Dishong-Tower is a mod afaik? If it is still to boring just getting on top of the tower, try to speedrun it.

Ah, there are dozens of mods you can try anyway.

In the end there is always the question left "what's next?".

If you are still bored... well for most people any game becomes boring after playing it for a long time. Then move on to another game.

One problem with almost all openworld-crafting games is, you need to decide yourself what you want to go for.

You asked for bigger bosses but also said you are equipment is already maxed. If they were bigger bosses, you go there, kill them... and then? Asking for even bigger bosses?

You want a boss almost impossible to kill? Until anybody posts a cheesy way to kill it anyway, then you go with this. Like so many people building cheesy horde bases and then complain about there is no challenge anymore.

You want to survive radzone? Once you got your suit you easily survive the radone. And then?

Set your own targets to whatever you want or interested in.

If you on day 100 and are bored... increase difficulty level and with that your gamestage increases immediately. Survive a gs2000 horde instead of just a gs1000 horde.

Or maybe do tier 5 trader quests, at least in every tier 5 able building in your own town.

Make it a rouge-like game. No base building, try how long you can survive (maybe even with permadeath).

Try nomad style, maybe with building but never use a base twice. Try how long you can survive that way.

Make exploring the whole map your target. Without using vehicles!

Try other things. Maybe prepare a skyscraper. On BM stay on top until the horde is inside, lock them, then let the whole skyscraper collapse (the skyscraper has to prepared to make the Zs go in and up and you need to bring it to final collapse fast).

Play a game without gardening and don't buy food from vending machines or traders. With no loot respawn (and not doing fetch quests from traders to get free loot respawn).

There are many threads here in the forum discussing about what could be different challenges.

Dishong-Tower is a mod afaik? If it is still to boring just getting on top of the tower, try to speedrun it.

Ah, there are dozens of mods you can try anyway.

In the end there is always the question left "what's next?".

If you are still bored... well for most people any game becomes boring after playing it for a long time. Then move on to another game.

Thats why i feel painting and deco blocks are so important. If they fit the mood of the game why not? It gives you something to build and make in between hordes. I used to love that about pre-16. There was a lot to do.

We have so much more to do now but it all comes at you so fast you burn through it pretty quickly. Id love more exploring and building options to give the world that lived in feel.

IMO 7days is an open-world crafting survival game, not an RPG that has bosses and raids.

I rarely ever play until day 100, preferring to restart to try out new perk builds or base designs. Creating large scale buildings with style the focus instead of practicality is fun. Playing with different settings or modlets is also fun.

After that, I play with mods! Darkness Falls, War of the Walkers, Undead Legacy, etc.

IMO 7days is an open-world crafting survival game, not an RPG that has bosses and raids.

I rarely ever play until day 100, preferring to restart to try out new perk builds or base designs. Creating large scale buildings with style the focus instead of practicality is fun. Playing with different settings or modlets is also fun.

After that, I play with mods! Darkness Falls, War of the Walkers, Undead Legacy, etc.

Agreed. I also get alot of fun from creating POIs for others to experience. I suspect world building will become a popular thing soon as well.

I made my own mod sometime in alpha 16/17 that made the goal finding the "cure". I had made a recipe that you would craft with materials from around the map. Stuff like skin samples from zombie bears, "research notes" that you could find in offices, various chemicals from garage/tool/lab kits. I had one of the materials only spawn inside of apache chests(100% of course) to make sure you had to really explore and you needed more than 1 so you couldn't get lucky at the start of the game.

Personally, I would love to see the Gyrocopter be an end game task. Once you have enough fuel and a Gyro ready to go, you would immediately start scouting area far flung for a safe haven. First stop.

North Sentinel Island

I am sure zombies haven't gotten there. The natives however, will likely fill you full of arrows before you land.

I made my own mod sometime in alpha 16/17 that made the goal finding the "cure". I had made a recipe that you would craft with materials from around the map. Stuff like skin samples from zombie bears, "research notes" that you could find in offices, various chemicals from garage/tool/lab kits. I had one of the materials only spawn inside of apache chests(100% of course) to make sure you had to really explore and you needed more than 1 so you couldn't get lucky at the start of the game.

That sounds awesome...be cool to make one material an item only from a t5 poi, another material from drops from a high GS horde night, and the last from the duke... 😂

Personally, I would love to see the Gyrocopter be an end game task. Once you have enough fuel and a Gyro ready to go, you would immediately start scouting area far flung for a safe haven. First stop.

North Sentinel Island

I am sure zombies haven't gotten there. The natives however, will likely fill you full of arrows before you land.

Where is that exactly? I wanna say its off the northwest coast of Arizona... about 80 miles away from Navezgane.

Where is that exactly? I wanna say its off the northwest coast of Arizona... about 80 miles away from Navezgane.

It's an island off the coast of India where the indigenous people are primitive and have been allowed to remain so. They are extremely hostile. It comes up in the news every so often because missionaries ignore the warnings, go there, and get killed despite even attempting to go there and disturb the natives being against the law. So no...no where near Arizona :p

Archived