Is MP shared xp bugged?

Kalarro

I have been playing for 4 years, but its the first time I play coop with a friend, so maybe I just didnt set the server right.

The one building is getting the xp from the one killing, but the one killing isnt getting the xp from the one building. So we are startign to be levels apart. Did I miss some setting or is it bugged?

Neither, working as intended.

So the bugged thing isnt the xp sharing but the decission making? :p

No, seriously, it makes no sense at all. We are playing coop and dividing the dutties one gets the others xp but not the other way around? Why would something like that even cross their minds?

If I were to hazard a guess, it would be somewhere between "it was designed when the kill xp was the only xp" and "the building xp is still a little bit of an afterthought."

Or a little more kindly, sharing building duties is pretty trivial if you want to do so, sharing kill XP on a group murder spree is a proper pain without the mechanic.

How much are you building within 100 meters of your buddy killing, or did you increase the XP share range since it .. doesn't make sense?

Just pointing out, you may not have created the whole mess, but you are an active participant by meddling with the settings ... ;) Turn the range down until the killer catches up?

Or.... let us share all xp instead of just some types of xp just because?

Sure. Sharing "all XP" would make just as much sense as sharing the kill XP, whatever the share range is. No real idea if they've made it this way on purpose or not.

Another thing that you might consider is giving the killer some or all of that build XP via console (f1, dm, giveselfxp, no idea about the use of those on a server/MP but I suppose there are some options for that..).. if you consider it a bug, it's not wrong, just a workaround.

Just pointing out, you may not have created the whole mess, but you are an active participant by meddling with the settings ... ;) Turn the range down until the killer catches up?

The killer can never catch up.

The amount of XP/min you can get with mining is much higher than with killing.

Archived