Backpack still falls through ground?!!!

Xyle

Damn, had all my goodies in my backpack, got jumped by a feral, died.

When I get to where the backpack icon is, no backpack anywhere around. Pretty sure it went into the void. Probably pushed through the ground, not sure. Sure wish this could get fixed.

Also, the water that doesn't fill a block back up, like when placing a block under water then removing it or digging under water. This leaves a very messy lake or river.

And where the hell are the steel tool schematics?

Other than that 18 is looking great! Other than my rage quit over the lost backpack. :upset:

I had this happen yesterday as well, butt in all fairness I was trying the darkness falls mod out and I attributed it to that rather than the release.

The icon was there at a stone poi fence, and I dug below it to see if it was underground and never did locate it.

I died on a city street, right outside the Shotgun Messiah. I am logging in now to see if anything changed. Hopefully a server restart fixed something.

Edit:

Nope, backpack icon is still on the compass and the map, but when I go there, no backpack in sight.

:upset:

Damn, had all my goodies in my backpack, got jumped by a feral, died.

When I get to where the backpack icon is, no backpack anywhere around. Pretty sure it went into the void. Probably pushed through the ground, not sure. Sure wish this could get fixed.

Also, the water that doesn't fill a block back up, like when placing a block under water then removing it or digging under water. This leaves a very messy lake or river.

And where the hell are the steel tool schematics?

Other than that 18 is looking great! Other than my rage quit over the lost backpack. :upset:

This happened to me in A17. I restarted steam and my backpack reappeared. Maybe that be might the issue or you could try repairing your game? Goodluck!

• 4 months later...
I am dropping nothing on death until this is fixed. Can´t be arsed to travel 3km to my stuff only to see it´s gone. @Gazz we actually don´t care what exactly happens. It disappears. That´s the point here.

I am switching to destroy all on death until this is fixed. That way it is by my choice and I feel more hardcore.

I know that it cannot fall through the ground. If it arrives at the bottom of the world it is teleported back up even if you literally die while being below ground.

It has to be something else.

Since when did it do this? I wonder if his backpack might have rolled down a hill and couldn't find a point to "latch/stick" onto where it just self destructed into grass fibers, as i've seen that happen more than once. I mostly play dead is dead because my bag usually ends up poofing or disappearing somehow.

I am switching to destroy all on death until this is fixed. That way it is by my choice and I feel more hardcore.

I go one step further: I delete save on death for a true dead is dead experience. The map resets whenever you start a new save on it. No system way to enforce it though sadly, so I have to do it manually.

I've actually had an idea for a death event for a while now but dunno how hard it'd be to code. Currently when you die your eaten and probably turned into a zombie, so how about the zombie you takes all the loot and starts gpsing to the player like horde night? and you have to kill it to get your stuff back. Could make it have a thing where it runs till within x blocks of the player. It also shows up on your map as a bag icon so you can run to it to meet it half way. I personally dispise corpse runs, I had to do that crap in older mmorpgs and it always was a pain in the ass.

I go one step further: I delete save on death for a true dead is dead experience. The map resets whenever you start a new save on it. No system way to enforce it though sadly, so I have to do it manually.

I do all what you do and take it two more steps further. Until this is fixed, I keep a hunger strike in real life and I let my relatives tie me up and whip my back as a form of punishment for dying and losing stuff from my backpack. That way it is by my choice and I feel even more hardcore than you two.

I do all what you do and take it two more steps further. Until this is fixed, I keep a hunger strike in real life and I let my relatives tie me up and whip my back as a form of punishment for dying and losing stuff from my backpack. That way it is by my choice and I feel even more hardcore than you two.

You need to be very careful because your relatives might enjoy it too much.

Archived