Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone miss not being able to recycle zombies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    That is a very stealth double-negative in the title. But count me among those who missed being able to harvest zombies.

    And so I created a modlet to put it back in (and nerf the ribcage gore blocks a tiny bit to compensate). I'm happy to provide it if you're interested. I'm a modding n00b and it was a great simple starter project. Works great except that the zombie corpses will occasionally make a pain sound when you start to harvest them and that can cause a jump-scare. Fits the theme of the game, though...

    Comment


      #17
      Absolutely miss it. It was somewhat therapeutic. Go around after a horde with an axe chopping away while muttering things like, "I'm gonna turn you into glue and fertilizer you filthy monsters! Thinking you can come here and wreck MY HOUSE? *SPLAT* Ha! Take that!"

      Comment


        #18
        I miss some of the old harvesting things weve done in the past, but i dont miss the hour of cleanup after every blood moon horde because that added in with overall repair/maintenance time for the base as well.

        And that im not going to miss at all.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Boidster View Post
          That is a very stealth double-negative in the title. But count me among those who missed being able to harvest zombies.

          And so I created a modlet to put it back in (and nerf the ribcage gore blocks a tiny bit to compensate). I'm happy to provide it if you're interested. I'm a modding n00b and it was a great simple starter project. Works great except that the zombie corpses will occasionally make a pain sound when you start to harvest them and that can cause a jump-scare. Fits the theme of the game, though...
          That's just plain creepy...does it work on player corpses? 😂😂😂

          Comment


            #20
            who didn't we have arrow tips made of bones?

            Comment


              #21
              Nope, I'm thrilled that nonsense is gone.

              Remember those blobby red gore blocks? lol

              Comment


                #22
                Keep the occasional loot bag drop currently used, and let the core blocks last for like for 1 minute, after which they disappear. Access to bones and rotten meat for the short term and no clean up after horde night or late game. Maybe get rid of the body bags to compensate and remove rotten flesh from the roadside core blocks but keep the bones.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by seagas View Post
                  Keep the occasional loot bag drop currently used, and let the core blocks last for like for 1 minute, after which they disappear. Access to bones and rotten meat for the short term and no clean up after horde night or late game. Maybe get rid of the body bags to compensate and remove rotten flesh from the roadside core blocks but keep the bones.
                  This is exactly how we have it in my game. A couple of bones, a couple of nitrate, some rotten flesh from dead zombies, but you gotta get there in 3 minutes or it poofs. Reduced the harvest from roadside "ribs" to compensate.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Yes. I miss it a lot. it was a neat task to clean out after the hordenight a few minutes and salvage loot and bodies for bones.
                    Someone said it was possible to have corpses 'downgrade' to the old grey corpseblock instead of despawning, But I have not managed to figure out how

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I loved gutting dead zombies after horde night. Great source of loot! A18+ is too easy to get loot, you don't need to bother with the dead zed anymore.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Fond memories of my 'Sausage Grinder' horde base that attached to my glue factory... ;-)

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I felt like a janitor after hordes. Donīt want that back. Just imagine 32 zombie hordnight and you gotta clean that up. No thanks.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
                            I felt like a janitor after hordes. Donīt want that back. Just imagine 32 zombie hordnight and you gotta clean that up. No thanks.
                            I thought we already determined in this thread that "cleaning up" was not necessary?
                            What do you know differently?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Things started to lag back then when you had too many lying around. And there was a problem with the timer for dissappearing only running when the player was near the corpse. At least that was said when this still was a thing.

                              There is enough bones and rotting flesh without this and the missing loot is in every tiny house. Small house with 3 zombies now have a shotgun messiah crate, a reinforced chest and 3 piles of ammo or medical, i really donīt see how we still need corpses.
                              Last edited by pApA^LeGBa; 01-03-2020, 08:18 PM.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
                                Things started to lag back then when you had too many lying around. And there was a problem with the timer for dissappearing only running when the player was near the corpse. At least that was said when this still was a thing.
                                I see. Well, I know their rep isn't the best... but don't you think that you should assume that all features are intended to be bug free? If we based our opinions on whether or not a feature should exist because of bugs it had/has/might have in the future, there wouldn't even be a game to play right now.

                                You are right about the resources... however, the reason why there is enough elsewhere is because they had to do something after removing the corpses... or there wouldn't be enough, obviously. Just as obviously, if this feature ever did come back, they would then balance things and reduce those resources found elsewhere.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X