Does anyone miss not being able to recycle zombies?

ShadesOfKnight

Back in "the old days," you could take a knife to a freshly-dead zombie and get a pile of bones and rotting flesh.

Does anyone else miss the irony of using Zombies to provide the key component of glue-duct tape as well as the means to improve farming??

I thought that was a genuinely great design - both ironic and sensible. Use the apocalypse itself to support crawling out of it.

I miss it a lot. I turned the bones into glue and duct tape. From the glue I made paper for shotgun shells and I used the duct tape for exploding crossbow bolts. A cycle in which the horde provided me the raw materials to fight the next horde.

It also gave me a sense of accomplishment. Now after the horde it's like I was fighting an army of ghosts.

I dont miss it. It makes sense for it to be gone for default gameplay settings of 60 minute days where the players time is better spent engaging in other activities.

However, I can see where more activities would be nicer for longer games like 90/120 minute days.

I dont miss it. It makes sense for it to be gone for default gameplay settings of 60 minute days where the players time is better spent engaging in other activities.

Harvesting the corpses has given me resources. I can't imagine any activity more important than that. It's no different for me than when I'm in the mine. Besides, you didn't had to do it. The corpses disappeared after 30 minutes. I often had to hurry to harvest all the corpses before they disappeared.

On one hand, I miss being able to chop up zombie bodies to get bones and meat. On the other hand, I don't miss having to clean up an entire horde night's worth of bodies manually. On the whole, if we can't have one without the other I prefer the latter, but I'd like to see quick-despawning corpses you could still chop up and get stuff from.

Harvesting the corpses has given me resources. I can't imagine any activity more important than that. It's no different for me than when I'm in the mine. Besides, you didn't had to do it. The corpses disappeared after 30 minutes. I often had to hurry to harvest all the corpses before they disappeared.

They only disappeared if they were empty. Otherwise, they would turn into the skeleton version.

I miss it a lot. I turned the bones into glue and duct tape. From the glue I made paper for shotgun shells and I used the duct tape for exploding crossbow bolts. A cycle in which the horde provided me the raw materials to fight the next horde.

And that's the point why it was nerfed. Fighting the horde and make them drop most of the ressources you used to fight them is somewhat pointless. The fighting is supposed to be a ressource sink.

And that's the point why it was nerfed. Fighting the horde and make them drop most of the ressources you used to fight them is somewhat pointless. The fighting is supposed to be a ressource sink.

It was not most of the resources but only one part.

To craft glue from the bones you needed bottled murky water which means to craft a lot of jars and fill them with water. To make the paper from glue you needed wood and again bottled murky water. And to make duck tap from glue you needed cloth.

To craft the shotgun shells you needed not only the paper but gunpowder with was crafted from cole and nitrate. And of course you needed buckshot which is crafted from lead and clay. For the exploding crossbow bolts you needed not only the duck tape but also gunpowder, feathers and steel arrow heads.

The bones from the zombies alone where worthless without the further refinement.

There's a mod called Harvestable Zombies out there, it makes the corpses stay a little while longer, and you can harvest them for a small amount of bone, flesh, and nitrate. IMO, beyond day 30 or so, it's more work than it's worth, but it was nice to have early on.

The skeleton version was removed in A16. They just disappeared even without been looted. I've seen it myself.

I see. Well, I guess that throws arguments of "having to clean up" out the window. If they removed that at some point, then they must have removed the heat generation that corpses caused at one time... meaning even less of "having to clean up."

It's another one of those nonsense things in the game then, like "baseball bat parts."

The entire point of survival is using what is given to survive. If what you have is a large pile of corpses, you figure out what to do with them.

That is a very stealth double-negative in the title. But count me among those who missed being able to harvest zombies.

And so I created a modlet to put it back in (and nerf the ribcage gore blocks a tiny bit to compensate). I'm happy to provide it if you're interested. I'm a modding n00b and it was a great simple starter project. Works great except that the zombie corpses will occasionally make a pain sound when you start to harvest them and that can cause a jump-scare. Fits the theme of the game, though...

Absolutely miss it. It was somewhat therapeutic. Go around after a horde with an axe chopping away while muttering things like, "I'm gonna turn you into glue and fertilizer you filthy monsters! Thinking you can come here and wreck MY HOUSE? *SPLAT* Ha! Take that!"

That is a very stealth double-negative in the title. But count me among those who missed being able to harvest zombies.

And so I created a modlet to put it back in (and nerf the ribcage gore blocks a tiny bit to compensate). I'm happy to provide it if you're interested. I'm a modding n00b and it was a great simple starter project. Works great except that the zombie corpses will occasionally make a pain sound when you start to harvest them and that can cause a jump-scare. Fits the theme of the game, though...

That's just plain creepy...does it work on player corpses? 😂😂😂

Keep the occasional loot bag drop currently used, and let the core blocks last for like for 1 minute, after which they disappear. Access to bones and rotten meat for the short term and no clean up after horde night or late game. Maybe get rid of the body bags to compensate and remove rotten flesh from the roadside core blocks but keep the bones.

Keep the occasional loot bag drop currently used, and let the core blocks last for like for 1 minute, after which they disappear. Access to bones and rotten meat for the short term and no clean up after horde night or late game. Maybe get rid of the body bags to compensate and remove rotten flesh from the roadside core blocks but keep the bones.

This is exactly how we have it in my game. A couple of bones, a couple of nitrate, some rotten flesh from dead zombies, but you gotta get there in 3 minutes or it poofs. Reduced the harvest from roadside "ribs" to compensate.

Yes. I miss it a lot. it was a neat task to clean out after the hordenight a few minutes and salvage loot and bodies for bones.

Someone said it was possible to have corpses 'downgrade' to the old grey corpseblock instead of despawning, But I have not managed to figure out how :(

Archived