Painting behind objects

chinagreenelvis

The paintbrush tool should only target paintable surfaces, and bypass unpaintable objects blocking them. For instance, if I put a chemistry station in front of a wall, that wall is visible, but can't be painted, which means that I'm stuck with that wall forever (unless I destroy the station and rebuild it after painting).

There is, or was, a workaround for some of that. If you can get to the back side of the block covered up by the chem station then paint it from within creative I think it still paints all sides of the block. So you can paint that covered side from within creative then repaint the back side after leaving back to normal mode.

Mainly a hit box issue; once they spend the time to fix hitboxes for, well, everything, painting around it should work as well.

You can also drop a land claim block to pick stations without destroying them; of course if you're already using one for spawn prevention, that might not be a good option..

Agree :) I think there are continual tweaks to the hitboxes, at least it feels like some past annoyances are better today :)

Often it could be as simple as allowing some sides-corner of the hitboxes to be shrunk so that you can access the block behind. I don't need a perfect hitbox that corresponds to the item, I simply need one that doesn't always cover the full 1x1, 2x2, 3x2 blocks so that I can paint behind.

Some places are easy (chem stations can be picked up) but others like bars .. you have to tear out, paint, replace.. which can be annoying if it's all metal :p

Archived