The AI still sucks in all the wrong ways

EzunaAranna

So...

on day FOUR, at bedrock. Landclaim block and bedroll laid down, happily mining during the DAY. The mineshaft is inside a concrete room with a metal hatch.

Noticed the frame rate take a sudden dip, turned around and there are 8 zombies behind me. They didn't crawl down or dig down, they just appeared from a tear in the space time continuum.

Somehow I managed to kill them, nerd poling back up to the surface and I'm raped by about ten more.

Seriously, this cheese BS is just ridiculous nonsense. I can accept dying when the game is fair or I am careless, but this insta kill crap is so easily fixed, and so prevalent.

I hate to be "that" guy.... but you're complaining the zombies cheesed their way into your little cheese base to avoid them? Zombies have feelings too. When you cheese them, they cheese back.

Not at all.

I was not "cheesing".

I was making an underground crafting base, and then I use POI's or else fight the hordes on the streets.

If the game mechanics allow me to go underground and stay there and the horde digs down then I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is they teleport out of nowhere, bypassing the mechanics and then kill me on DAY FOUR.

What is so hard to understand? The bull♥♥♥♥ AI can cheese but I can't.....

If the game permits me to use mechanics but then wrecks for me using those mechanics then it's bull♥♥♥♥ AI, nothing more and nothing less....

Since we only have your text post to go off of, there are various things that could have happened. It very well could have been a glitchy spawn. But it could have also been that since you're underground, with occlusion, maybe there were no spawn points for zombies to spawn nearby, so they spawned right above your hole and fell down. Without any other information, there is no defined answer.

If it were my guess, i'd say they spawned and fell down your hole, seeing as you say 10 of them were right uptop when you nerdpoled out. That'd be my guess. But again, no information to form a conclusion...

I would say that if your goal by posting this is to make sure people know that your death was not your fault then this thread is perfect.

But if you think there might be a bug with spawning then posting a report in the bug thread and giving complete information would be better.

If you want to be snarky about the length of time alpha has taken then posting here is best. If you can be detached and just stick to what happened without snide commentary about how easy it should be to fix it, then there is ideal.

What I'm not fine with is they teleport out of nowhere, ..."

I could be wrong but from my mining experience they didn't appeared out of nowehere but fell through holes in the ceiling. Their digging holes are hard to spot, so you got the wrong impression that they teleported to you.

Have not made tests in A18, but in 17.4 mining was only save when more than 48 blocks deep, but from what I have read there is now no vertical limit for heat maps, means no more save mining in the deep.

My strategy was to mind framerate drops while mining. If this happens then this is a sign for large amounts of zeds digging down to you. You should then either change the mining spot or interrupt mining and search and kill them all before continue mining.

Have honestly never had zombie spawns underground that I can recall.

Since you said there were 10 more on top, it's more likely they spawned up top, walked/fell/climbed down, the hatch was open (or they glitched through, which seems peculiar was so many) and not that they actually spawned under ground. :)

There are no spawns except POI spawns that can happen right behind you. Wandering hordes, screamer hordes (unless you're in a really weird position when screamer screams), or blood moon hordes, they all take place some 50+ blocks away.

So...

on day FOUR, at bedrock. Landclaim block and bedroll laid down, happily mining during the DAY. The mineshaft is inside a concrete room with a metal hatch.

How did you get a fully-developed concrete room with a metal hatch on day four? Creative mode?

If so, it's possible that you were the one who was damaging the space-time continuum... ;)

How did you get a fully-developed concrete room with a metal hatch on day four? Creative mode?

If so, it's possible that you were the one who was damaging the space-time continuum... ;)

You can sit in a concrete room with a metal hatch on the very first day. You just have to be lucky to find the old bunker POI.

The metal hatch is no problem at all. You just need some iron and you can craft the hatch in your inventory.

Minecraft's spawns are a little more in line with what people expect, if it's lit, bad guys don't just appear out of nothing.

7dtd's is nightmarish. Whether that's in a good sense or not, I don't know and don't care. I like it.

If you don't want your nightmares' teeth slobbering on your neck, just lighting the room and halls won't do it for you, walls won't do it, you have to put down floors. Tell the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if that stopped working at some point. Not sure I'd be mad about it. To be fair, not sure I wouldn't, either.

they just appeared from a tear in the space time continuum.

Nightmarish, isn't it?

Archived