Screamer baiting

The-Walking-Dad

Just had immense fun setting off twelve campfires and waiting for the screamers to turn up. Started with one, then I dunno if they were calling more screamers or if more were turning up because of the heat but before long I had half a dozen screamers and dozens of zombies swarming me. Mostly I used my baseball bat to fight but eventually had to resort to using grenades to thin the numbers a bit.

Fully recommend it, massively enjoyable. And the experience wasn't bad either!

Fully recommend it, massively enjoyable. And the experience wasn't bad either!

I cannot recommend it.

For one thing, it's power leveling which throws the whole balancing out the window.

Also, these screamer hordes can easily get out of control to the point of massive lags. On horde night you can set how many zombies are alive at the same time. This allows you to reduce the lag on weaker systems. The same is not possible with screamer hordes.

I cannot recommend it.

For one thing, it's power leveling which throws the whole balancing out the window.

Also, these screamer hordes can easily get out of control to the point of massive lags. On horde night you can set how many zombies are alive at the same time. This allows you to reduce the lag on weaker systems. The same is not possible with screamer hordes.

Each to their own. I find the performance of 18.2 allows a lot of zombies alive at once. I've had 100 at a time in wandering hordes, and I'm considering pushing the numbers up a bit.

Your concerns about power leveling are valid, but I don't take all that into account when playing. The aim wasn't to power level, just to have a fun fight.

• 3 weeks later...
Each to their own. I find the performance of 18.2 allows a lot of zombies alive at once. I've had 100 at a time in wandering hordes, and I'm considering pushing the numbers up a bit.

Your concerns about power leveling are valid, but I don't take all that into account when playing. The aim wasn't to power level, just to have a fun fight.

Also sounds like a good activity once you get up there in level and it takes quite a bit to level up. I might try that on our server at night... (wont tell anyone lol)... if people want some action...

If you haven't tried it before it can be a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend giving it a try sometime on a secondary save. My experience with how quickly the gamestage impacts the Zed spawns is mostly out of date since A17 and A18 were not my cup of tea so I only played a handful of hours in each before losing interest; BUT...

When you leave the honeymoon phase of getting endless waves to normal zeds to 1/2 shot with your sledge (assuming max spec into weapon and stats while you were chain leveling) and start getting lots of ferals / big dog packs to kite/kill it becomes a fun minigame. (assuming you aren't using a base to make the whole process a turkey shoot XP farm.)

Hmmmmm screamer farming, classic method for leveling up fast.

But dated.

I build everything out of rcrete - just does not feel right having a fortress of wood. Upgrading a rebar frame nets you an asinine amount of experience.

2k frames, a load of concrete, a nailgun and a few lernin lixers and you are ready for a 10 level jump.

Archived