no more pillars or half blocks?

freakincurrey

so I'm not sure if i'm stupid and missing something obvious but are there no more half blocks or pillars in the crafting menu, I still see them in the creative menu but i can't craft them in survival, and there aren't anymore log spikes but those are still in the creative menu as well. are they hidden behind a perk or something? I would really like to be able to stand behind pillar fence and hit zombies rather than stand above them and shoot, i'm trying to build a mele character.

The way blocks where crafted changed in A18.

You now craft generic blocks and select the shape you need with the shape menu selector:

For some blocks anyways. There honestly isn't a whole lot of logic to the block crafting restrictions. Rebar only has a few shapes, Wood Frames have a bunch of options but is still missing some that have to be crafted directly or made using a tablesaw and still has some missing. Flagstone has I think all of the shape options... maybe I haven't really compared shape counts scientifically. Wet Concrete blocks can be crafted in the mixer and then seem to act like flagstone with respect to number of options, but again I haven't actually counted. For early game I usually just use wood frames and upgrade through to cobblestone, using as few flagstone blocks as I can for just the shapes that I can't get with frames.

For some blocks anyways. There honestly isn't a whole lot of logic to the block crafting restrictions.
The logic is simple, Work In Progress. They reworked the UI and included the blocks that were already implemented. They didn't take the time to implement the missing frame-shapes at this stage - they might be unsure of which shapes to keep / implement in the long run, or they just didn't want to delay A18 for it, or ... whatnot. They'll get there eventually though :)

Archived