Keep raising the amounts of feathers but not eggs?

Pichii

So the feathers keep increasing but we havnt even gotten a range increase or new source of eggs.

What gives?

We are clearly having more birds use the nests so where are me eggs? :D

Satire aside here;

Eggs are used in about 4-5x more recipies than they used to and have a range of 0-2 for drop rates when they would drop.

Suggest making range 1-2 or 0-3 to keep egg drops in line with the need due to new recipes and cooking requirements.

(Or you guys could finally cave and let us tame chickens for eggs instead of feathers purely to troll the people who want feathers.)

I think it is. Traders very often sell Eggs in batches of 10+.

Not I like the idea of making us even more dependent on Traders, and a lot of people HATE that idea.

However it has to be said that previously, Eggs were far too easy to find in Nests and made food absolutely trivial. They got a well-deserved nerf.

Not I like the idea of making us even more dependent on Traders, and a lot of people HATE that idea.

However it has to be said that previously, Eggs were far too easy to find in Nests and made food absolutely trivial. They got a well-deserved nerf.

As much as it can be frustrating to not have enough eggs for recipes, I agree with you. Atleast food is a challenge now unlike before.

Food is still trivial. Just things without eggs. That mostly affects later recipes. In the beginning you can still have a lot of food without eggs.

Food is still trivial.

Indeed.

Even on 25% loot, if you find 2 vending machines (1 more than you start with), unless you jump right into mining, you will (statistically) be fine...and won't even need to worry about food poisoning.

I like what was done with farming. If I were in charge, I might introduce random crop yields so you'd occasionally get nothing from your harvest, but as the game progresses you'd be able to grow enough that even that wouldn't be an issue.

-Morloc

I like to build bases inside prefabs that have vending machines, they restock every 3 days and can be bought out for an unlimited supply of food and drink so I don't have to worry about it at all hehe

huh... I'm assuming when you take over a POI as a base you place a bed or LCB down in order to stop the zombies from respawning in it. I also thought by doing so the vending machines in that POI no longer restock as long as there is a bed or LCB claiming that POI.

I've taken note of this and I will do a quick test tomorrow morning and if they do restock, I'll submit the bug report in order to get this exploit fixed. Thanks for sharing. :)

That's the problem why there are so few eggs in nests. At night the traders sneak out searching eggs to sell them to you later.

This is 100% the 'answer' to this thread.

Gona have to setup a bunch of spike traps around those pesky traders....

huh... I'm assuming when you take over a POI as a base you place a bed or LCB down in order to stop the zombies from respawning in it. I also thought by doing so the vending machines in that POI no longer restock as long as there is a bed or LCB claiming that POI.

I've taken note of this and I will do a quick test tomorrow morning and if they do restock, I'll submit the bug report in order to get this exploit fixed. Thanks for sharing. :)

Update

Turns out vending machines can restock in land claimed areas by design. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *shocked look* I'm now starting to understand why some players claim food is no issue or challenge in Alpha 18.

giphy.gif

I found out by accident a while back, and while it's a solid source of food it's certainly not something you can subsist off of entirely. The drink, otoh, can almost entirely take care of hydration needs. That said, it's not hard to supplement with air drops and buried treasure early on. I also don't think it's an egregious thing as it's easy enough to make note of buildings in close proximity (including traders) with vending machines and hit them up on restock. I'm more shocked you thought this was an exploit and immediately reported it. Heh.

Might be part of the reason why MM is adding candy and things to dilute the vending machines.

I think you are right. I could not figure out for the life of me, why in the world they would allow vending machines to restock in A18 and not just leave it as it was prior. I had to go read the OP on the dev diary and sure enough, it appears candy is the solution. Thank you for bringing that up, it's much appreciated.:02.47-tranquillity:

from dev diary.

Candy

"Candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process."

I think you are right. I could not figure out for the life of me, why in the world they would allow vending machines to restock in A18 and not just leave it as it was prior. I had to go read the OP on the dev diary and sure enough, it appears candy is the solution. Thank you for bringing that up, it's much appreciated.:02.47-tranquillity:

from dev diary.

Candy

"Candy will be added to vending machines, making canned foods more scarce in the process."

Still leaves the problem that people on short days get faster restocks over time than people on long days.

Anyway i didn't have real problems with the amount of eggs. We played with 3-4 players and we traveled so much around that is was far enough to sometimes stop on the way if you saw a nest and look if an egg is in there.

Nobody ever went out just searching for eggs. And since there are also food recipes that don't need eggs you'll not be short on food just you because you are occasionally out of eggs.

My big issue is people think food is hard to comeby when it really isnt.

If it isnt hard to come by; more eggs should be added cuz, as other posters have said- food is trivial. Not much they can do to prevent that.

Regardless, this shoulld be an available play style for those that prefer it. Homebody.

If you dont like it, dont play that way and keep to your vending machines. :p

I just want to find reasonable amounts of eggs. Buying from the trader is more what I do to get surplus of egg.

Hunting for chicken eggs is just flat boring.

Zeds dont often spawn so you are legit just riding your bike thru the snow/wasteland stopping at every nest just to see if it has eggs. Who needs feathers? lmfao.

Archived