Dev Diary arguing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Exactly, that was perfectly stated minus the very last sentence! Although, MM is an alpha male so I doubt the negative things most say has an affect upon that man.

Comment

Originally posted by HungryZombie View Post
      I think you are projecting your feelings onto others. You may consider art childish but not everyone perceives life the same way. Not everyone perceives as you do.
      Did you read when I said all that was my opinion?
      Note this is just my opinion as I have never researched the science and statistics behind what sells and or keeps a game selling nor have I sat down and had extensive conversations with anyone who would have knowledge of this.

By the way, having studied psychology for many many years and still do, allow me to inform you that I am not projecting as you "think" lol. I was giving my opinion and I clearly stated that.

Also when and where did I ever say art is childish? Shall I break down the psychology behind your entire statement and embarrass you?....naw. Hey thanks for the talk though it made me laugh.

Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Did you read when I said all that was my opinion?

By the way, having studied psychology for many many years and still do, allow me to inform you that I am not projecting as you "think" lol. I was giving my opinion and I clearly stated that.

Also when and where did I ever say art is childish? Shall I break down the psychology behind your entire statement and embarrass you?....naw. Hey thanks for the talk though it made me laugh.

Comment

Nice ones guys!

Comment

Originally posted by TSBX View Post
            lol I love you to, now get over here and give me a hug. *arms outstretched*

Comment

The new iron club was just to get you guys warmed up to the new tier 3 bladed weapon...

Spoiler: 

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                The new iron club was just to get you guys warmed up to the new tier 3 bladed weapon...

Spoiler: 
                In this color ? Unacceptable.. ! :/

Comment

Iron club https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO-hzM2U...jpg&name=large

This reminds me about the Ogre and the club.

*Clears throat*

An Ogre walked into a club... Ow!

Comment

I would say the "art" or graphics only really matter to children and young people when purchasing a game.
                    If the target audience for future sales are children and young people then I would say it matters. Don't get me wrong, if a game looks like complete crap I doubt it will sell very well. When I'm out looking to buy a game the very last thing I look at is the art or graphics of a game. If that was the case, I never would have bought 7D2D during A8 or so.

I strongely agree with JaxTeller718 on this one, art is not going to keep this game selling for years.

Note this is just my opinion as I have never researched the science and statistics behind what sells and or keeps a game selling nor have I sat down and had extensive conversations with anyone who would have knowledge of this.

Eh, not really. I don't buy games based on visual appeal alone and there have certainly been a few games where the most positive thing I could say about them was "well, it looked good". However, I appreciate games that maintain a coherent look and that *does* heavily influence our perceptions. If I'm playing a what is supposed to be a claustrophobic horror game, but everything is bright, open and fairly generic, the mood and atmosphere are at odds with the game itself. Music, level design, and graphics can all help in setting the mood, tension, and weight of a game, creating a richer and more memorable experience.

I still remember my first play throughs of Resident Evil 1 in no small part due to the thematic design of the mansion. If TFPs have and perhaps have always had a specific vision of this world that we're in - how it looks, sounds, etc - then bringing that vision into cohesive graphics that bring *us* into that vision as well, will indeed make the game appealing and possibly for longer.

Gameplay is more important than setting, but I don't think the impact a developed setting can have should be discounted (even if you're old like me ).

Comment

Originally posted by ktr View Post
                      Eh, not really. I don't buy games based on visual appeal alone and there have certainly been a few games where the most positive thing I could say about them was "well, it looked good". However, I appreciate games that maintain a coherent look and that *does* heavily influence our perceptions. If I'm playing a what is supposed to be a claustrophobic horror game, but everything is bright, open and fairly generic, the mood and atmosphere are at odds with the game itself. Music, level design, and graphics can all help in setting the mood, tension, and weight of a game, creating a richer and more memorable experience.

I still remember my first play throughs of Resident Evil 1 in no small part due to the thematic design of the mansion. If TFPs have and perhaps have always had a specific vision of this world that we're in - how it looks, sounds, etc - then bringing that vision into cohesive graphics that bring *us* into that vision as well, will indeed make the game appealing and possibly for longer.

Gameplay is more important than setting, but I don't think the impact a developed setting can have should be discounted (even if you're old like me ).
                      I could not agree more. +1 Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by sillls View Post
                        Iron club https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO-hzM2U...jpg&name=large

This reminds me about the Ogre and the club.

*Clears throat*

An Ogre walked into a club... Ow!
                        sorry sills, use more deoderant, thought you were an ogre. <puts club back down>

Comment

Originally posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
                          Anyone who thinks that art alone will keep a game in the top seller category needs their head examined.
                          Sorry man, but at least when I look at a game, I want to see how the art holds up. A major complaint against 7 days is it looks old and outdated, so TFP have been taking the right steps to upgrade the art and models.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Nerd View Post
                            Sorry man, but at least when I look at a game, I want to see how the art holds up. A major complaint against 7 days is it looks old and outdated, so TFP have been taking the right steps to upgrade the art and models.
                            Minecraft is the longest and best selling game ever. I wouldn't call it a beautifull game

Comment

Originally posted by mr.natural View Post
                              Minecraft is the longest and best selling game ever. I wouldn't call it a beautifull game
                              It's beautiful in it's own way, the art pops out and is memorable. Most of 7 day's is bland and needed to be replaced sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Nerd View Post
                                It's beautiful in it's own way, the art pops out and is memorable. Most of 7 day's is bland and needed to be replaced sometime.
                                You contradict yourself in a way. Game mechanics are what makes a game good, lots of indie games proof that too, just saying. The uniqueness is key and 7d2d is becoming less unique, still nice but there is a trend going the opposite way. Like what a lot of players call it 'being dumbed down'. I have to agree here.
                                As an example, Fallout 4 is beautifull but I will never buy this game as the game mechanics are dumb and too restrictive IMO.
                                Last edited by mr.natural; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X