My A18 feedback

~Kevin~

Played a little bit of 18.3. I liked 18.3, but it was still not as good as 16.

I would like to say I was very disappointed in 17 and 18 is a step in the right direction.

However, Alpha 16 was an almost perfect game. All we needed were some bigger bosses that could do more damage to bases. It seemed the difficulty leveled out after a certain point. Rather than fixing those small issues, the developers gave the game an entire facelift.

A16 + bug fixes + A17 vehicles, POIs and weapon mods = perfect alpha

Far from it imo, even though I miss LBD and some other stuff. Many things were meaningless or could be abused in A16 (besides bugs) - wellness for example was great as a concept, but terrible at its implementation. I do agree though that they should have built on it, applying balance and fixes instead of making radical changes.

Far from it imo, even though I miss LBD and some other stuff. Many things were meaningless or could be abused in A16 (besides bugs) - wellness for example was great as a concept, but terrible at its implementation. I do agree though that they should have built on it, applying balance and fixes instead of making radical changes.

I love LBD and wish that system was never changed but improved on. At the same time I hated it though because all my friends abused it to get to level 100 with a day or two. ALL my friends when just do auto mining while they were away from the computer in order to level up. It used to drive me crazy because I saw it as a form of cheating and refused to do it.

My main problem with a18 is that it seems like you can't craft anything anymore without a damn schematic of some kind. I can't even make bacon and eggs without being a master chef(wtf?). And I can't even figure out what skill I need to make a first aid bandage, being that none of the wikis for this game have been updated for a18 yet. It seems almost unplayable at this point. I've always hated the idea of schematics for 90% of items. I get the concept of needing one to build something ridiculous, like a car or a high tech firearm, but needing them for simple ♥♥♥♥ like basic food any 10 year old with a frying pan can cook, or a damn bandage? Ridiculous. Can anyone tell me how to unlock first aid bandages without spending 150 weeks looking for a schematic?

My main problem with a18 is that it seems like you can't craft anything anymore without a damn schematic of some kind. I can't even make bacon and eggs without being a master chef(wtf?). And I can't even figure out what skill I need to make a first aid bandage, being that none of the wikis for this game have been updated for a18 yet. It seems almost unplayable at this point. I've always hated the idea of schematics for 90% of items. I get the concept of needing one to build something ridiculous, like a car or a high tech firearm, but needing them for simple ♥♥♥♥ like basic food any 10 year old with a frying pan can cook, or a damn bandage? Ridiculous. Can anyone tell me how to unlock first aid bandages without spending 150 weeks looking for a schematic?

The game doesn't do a great job at explaining how that works. For most items you either need a recipe OR a schematic. You can craft first aid bandages by getting the "Yeah, Science" rank 2, for example.

Eh, not really. That would require me to record a video a couple gigs in size and upload it. I'll see if I can get a couple screen shots.

Roger that. I'm checking now as well to see what is required for it in game with all default setting etc. I've heard of a few servers that like to turn stuff off and often times they fail to communicate that to there players.

Can you show video of this happening for better clarification? *jumping in game now to see brb*

Nevermind. Apparently it's unlocked, but it still shows the unlock tab which shows what is needed to unlock it, which I took to mean it was still locked. a18 is weird. But, there's still the problem of needing to be a maxed out chef to cook anything more complex than a damn boiled egg. Cooking enough food to survive has become a real problem.

Nevermind. Apparently it's unlocked, but it still shows the unlock tab which shows what is needed to unlock it, which I took to mean it was still locked. a18 is weird. But, there's still the problem of needing to be a maxed out chef to cook anything more complex than a damn boiled egg. Cooking enough food to survive has become a real problem.

No worries man this happen a lot more than you would think. Yeah I'm always struggling with food because I hate using vending machine so I feel your pain.

#StarvingToDeath #SkinAndBones

Incorrect. I have rank 2 of that skill, and I still can't craft a first aid bandage. It still tells me I need "Yeah, Science!" and a schematic.

The crafting UI is convoluted, true, but the craft option appears if it's unlocked.

Just get Master Chef rank 1 and you are set for life. Make bacon and eggs when you can, otherwise grilled meat.

Played a little bit of 18.3. I liked 18.3, but it was still not as good as 16.

I would like to say I was very disappointed in 17 and 18 is a step in the right direction.

However, Alpha 16 was an almost perfect game. All we needed were some bigger bosses that could do more damage to bases. It seemed the difficulty leveled out after a certain point. Rather than fixing those small issues, the developers gave the game an entire facelift.

Disappointment doesn't even begin to cover how I felt about 17, and it starts to cover 18. I loved 16 and wish it had just been expanded and refined, not thrown in the trash. Really miss LBD as well.

No worries man this happen a lot more than you would think. Yeah I'm always struggling with food because I hate using vending machine so I feel your pain.

#StarvingToDeath #SkinAndBones

i am confused with the struggle people have with cooking. i get heaps of recipe schematics in cupboards, and the buried supplies gives a recipe nearly every time.

i do struggle early game to get enough farm plots going for ingredients, but not recipes.

am i missing something?

i am confused with the struggle people have with cooking. i get heaps of recipe schematics in cupboards, and the buried supplies gives a recipe nearly every time.

i do struggle early game to get enough farm plots going for ingredients, but not recipes.

am i missing something?

Recipes are easy to come by and I always invest at the very least 1 point in cooking. It's just hard early game to have a steady source of food until the farm is up and running, as you said. Buying canned food from vending machines fixes the issue but as I feel it's cheating for me I try and not buy from vending machines. I choose to struggle until the farm provides enough food. Makes the game a little more challenging and fun you know.

A16 AI - is the beginning problems of A17-A18.

You remember any problems with AI in A15....or even A1 ?

Yes. The two big problems that AI always had since the beginning were fixed in A17.

1) Entities got stuck on terrain and could not path through the world very well.

2) If zombies couldn’t reach you they just stood still or spun in circles below you.

A17 brought new issues to be sure but many of those new issues have been fixed since then.

A16 AI had a very small chance for spinning zombies (less than 1 in 20) but had no super obvious exploits. The randomness of the AI in A16 is something I miss.

Also, spam carafting and auto mining were fixed in A16.

Zombies walking in large circles during the day was uncommon but still present but the worst game killer was their complete inability to find you at night (on non blood moon nights). Six days out of seven all you had to do was crouch right next to them and they would instantly lose you. Killed the nights for me.

Archived