Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My A18 feedback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My A18 feedback

    Played a little bit of 18.3. I liked 18.3, but it was still not as good as 16.

    I would like to say I was very disappointed in 17 and 18 is a step in the right direction.

    However, Alpha 16 was an almost perfect game. All we needed were some bigger bosses that could do more damage to bases. It seemed the difficulty leveled out after a certain point. Rather than fixing those small issues, the developers gave the game an entire facelift.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-27-2020, 07:03 PM. Reason: removed discussion of moderator action so opinion can be voiced.

    #2
    Welcome to the forum Kevin. Everyone is going to have their favorite alpha, that's for sure.

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Kevin welcome. All opinions are welcome just know we all do not agree with eachother all the time when it comes to the context of opinions voiced but for the most part, opinions are respected. It makes for some good debates and idea sharing. *thumbs up*

      Comment


        #4
        A16 + bug fixes + A17 vehicles, POIs and weapon mods = perfect alpha

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ghostlight View Post
          A16 + bug fixes + A17 vehicles, POIs and weapon mods = perfect alpha
          Remember when the zombies would do this in A16? lol :-P
          Spoiler: 

          A16 was way to easy due to the horrible AI.
          A16 + bug fixes + A17 vehicles + A18 AI, POIs and weapon mods = perfect alpha (maybe)

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ghostlight View Post
            A16 + bug fixes + A17 vehicles, POIs and weapon mods = perfect alpha
            Far from it imo, even though I miss LBD and some other stuff. Many things were meaningless or could be abused in A16 (besides bugs) - wellness for example was great as a concept, but terrible at its implementation. I do agree though that they should have built on it, applying balance and fixes instead of making radical changes.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RestInPieces View Post
              Far from it imo, even though I miss LBD and some other stuff. Many things were meaningless or could be abused in A16 (besides bugs) - wellness for example was great as a concept, but terrible at its implementation. I do agree though that they should have built on it, applying balance and fixes instead of making radical changes.
              I love LBD and wish that system was never changed but improved on. At the same time I hated it though because all my friends abused it to get to level 100 with a day or two. ALL my friends when just do auto mining while they were away from the computer in order to level up. It used to drive me crazy because I saw it as a form of cheating and refused to do it.

              Comment


                #8
                My main problem with a18 is that it seems like you can't craft anything anymore without a damn schematic of some kind. I can't even make bacon and eggs without being a master chef(wtf?). And I can't even figure out what skill I need to make a first aid bandage, being that none of the wikis for this game have been updated for a18 yet. It seems almost unplayable at this point. I've always hated the idea of schematics for 90% of items. I get the concept of needing one to build something ridiculous, like a car or a high tech firearm, but needing them for simple ♥♥♥♥ like basic food any 10 year old with a frying pan can cook, or a damn bandage? Ridiculous. Can anyone tell me how to unlock first aid bandages without spending 150 weeks looking for a schematic?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by kultivater View Post
                  My main problem with a18 is that it seems like you can't craft anything anymore without a damn schematic of some kind. I can't even make bacon and eggs without being a master chef(wtf?). And I can't even figure out what skill I need to make a first aid bandage, being that none of the wikis for this game have been updated for a18 yet. It seems almost unplayable at this point. I've always hated the idea of schematics for 90% of items. I get the concept of needing one to build something ridiculous, like a car or a high tech firearm, but needing them for simple ♥♥♥♥ like basic food any 10 year old with a frying pan can cook, or a damn bandage? Ridiculous. Can anyone tell me how to unlock first aid bandages without spending 150 weeks looking for a schematic?
                  The game doesn't do a great job at explaining how that works. For most items you either need a recipe OR a schematic. You can craft first aid bandages by getting the "Yeah, Science" rank 2, for example.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Deleted
                    Restinpieces already gave the answer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by RestInPieces View Post
                      You can craft first aid bandages by getting the "Yeah, Science" rank 2, for example.
                      Incorrect. I have rank 2 of that skill, and I still can't craft a first aid bandage. It still tells me I need "Yeah, Science!" and a schematic.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by kultivater View Post
                        Incorrect. I have rank 2 of that skill, and I still can't craft a first aid bandage. It still tells me I need "Yeah, Science!" and a schematic.
                        Can you show video of this happening for better clarification? *jumping in game now to see brb*

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
                          Can you show video of this happening for better clarification? *jumping in game now to see brb*
                          Eh, not really. That would require me to record a video a couple gigs in size and upload it. I'll see if I can get a couple screen shots.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kultivater View Post
                            Eh, not really. That would require me to record a video a couple gigs in size and upload it. I'll see if I can get a couple screen shots.
                            Roger that. I'm checking now as well to see what is required for it in game with all default setting etc. I've heard of a few servers that like to turn stuff off and often times they fail to communicate that to there players.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Done. everything seems to be working fine. In my test all I did was use the schematic and it unlocked and i was able to craft. Note that it can be unlocked via schem or perk.
                              Spoiler: 
                              Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 01-28-2020, 01:11 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X