I want to use a seed with many cities or only cities but i dont know how :(

Dargoron

Hello, i want to use a Seed for me and my friend which contains basically a lot of cities or is one giant city. I haver never done this we just played Navez Gane and Random Generator but the Random Generator does usually some very weird things. Can someone help me?

It’s random. Look at the stickied post above for a link to the thread for good seeds people have found but there’s no trick without modding or using a tool like Nitrogen.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

So i need it to make it myself? No idea how that works :( but thx for the help anyway

I would definitely check out Nitrogen, it does have a menu to pick options for cities, towns and farms and the like with options for size of these places and even grid size as well (being strewn out or clustered).

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD&highlight=nitrogen

Also with a decent amount of RAM 16K is possible as well with decent speed, at least that is what I remember on my last 16K map.

I did a new map on A18 using Pregen02. I name my maps by the number of maps I’ve done. In my most recent, the map name is “7” because it’s my 7th world. But that map is littered with so many cities. I do believe the name is the seed of the map, so if you do a pregen02, and name it “7”, I think you’ll like what you find.

So i need it to make it myself? No idea how that works :( but thx for the help anyway

Make it yourself or luck into it. But there is a tutorial for using nitrogen and once you learn how you can get the type of map you want. Effort ---> reward.

Java is cross-platform right? From the makers of Sun Workstations which is Unix based, I would think It would be cross-platform.

Or you could use a buddy with a PC or even a guy on the forum could compile a map and upload it to you. I uploaded a map of mine here on the forums.

Yeah, it's cross-platform, tho Oracle owns it since 2010 when Sun went kablooey.

/former SPARCstation 2 programmer

/old

I used to love checking out Unix Workstations and drooling over them back in the late 80s and early 90s, my favorite was anything SGI. I did have Amiga back then and wanted to get into 3D graphics but even that was beyond my pay grade at the time.

I remember delivering lunch as a caterer to the Oracle building in Pleasanton back in 2008 or something and had no Idea they bought out Sun. You would not belive the security in that place, I could not even go in the building, they sent out some guy out to pick up the food at the door. To be hones I was never really sure what oracle was famous for, I thought they just made Database software for businesses back in the 80s like Lotus 123 o something to that effect.

There I go off the rails of the topic as usual.

Archived