What about VR version ?

Guest bysty

Hello, i m new on 7 days, and ... i like very much this game. For me the best survival and i played a lot before.

Devs ...i love you !!!

And i m VR player. VR is soooo immersiv for this kind of games.

I saw in the kickstarter, VR version in progress !!! :strawberry:

But what about it, after so many years ?

completed soon ? Project stopped ?

Best regards.

Oculus support is planned post-release. Have to finish making the base game before adding VR controls.

Yeaaah.

I have Pimax with valve index controlers, pimax is very often compatible with oculus games. then... i m happy. i hope it will be.

You think in how many ... months it will be ready ?

You think in how many ... months it will be ready ?

I'd better ask for years, if not decades.

The game is in development for ~6 years now and still in Alpha. As SylenThunder said, VR will be developed post-release.

So just in case you didn't know:

Alpha - developing game mechanics, testing out what's possible, less to no optimization <--- we are here for 6 years now

Beta - testing, bugfixing, optimiziation

Release - Final Version

THEN TFP will START to develop the VR-Mode.

So very optimistic estimation: if the game goes into Beta in end of 2020, i estimate Beta will at least take another year, so Release may be at the end of 2021, early 2022. The VR mode will then start to be developed. I guess at least another year, until VR-Mode goes public, so ~2023.

And that's the optimistic case. Since they are already 6 years in alpha, i'd realistically at least double the values. So VR maybe in 2026.

I'd better ask for years, if not decades.

The game is in development for ~6 years now and still in Alpha. As SylenThunder said, VR will be developed post-release.

So just in case you didn't know:

Alpha - developing game mechanics, testing out what's possible, less to no optimization <--- we are here for 6 years now

Beta - testing, bugfixing, optimiziation

Release - Final Version

THEN TFP will START to develop the VR-Mode.

So very optimistic estimation: if the game goes into Beta in end of 2020, i estimate Beta will at least take another year, so Release may be at the end of 2021, early 2022. The VR mode will then start to be developed. I guess at least another year, until VR-Mode goes public, so ~2023.

And that's the optimistic case. Since they are already 6 years in alpha, i'd realistically at least double the values. So VR maybe in 2026.

Why are you so negative all the time with your views? I'm honestly curious about the thought process behind people with your type of attitude.

I'm not always negative, that is just experience. I still don't believe in gold in 2021. As said, we are not even in Beta yet. If you think of gold in 2021 A19 needs to ship in end of 2020 (that will hopefully indeed happen) AND has to be featurecomplete.

Do you belive that A19 will ship all the features the devs wanted to have, bandits and so on?

oh. I apologize for assuming you always have a negative view. I've only been reading your posts for the past week or so.

I believe what Madmole says and he has said that A19 will not ship with bandits. From the sounds of it A19 will be released within the next couple of months. It's always a guess when it comes to release dates though.

I believe what Madmole says and he has said that A19 will not ship with bandits. From the sounds of it A19 will be released within the next couple of months. It's always a guess when it comes to release dates though.

I don't follow madmole continuely. But if he said A19 won't have bandits, gold in 2021 imho is already unrealistic and also implictely states that there will be at least an A20 (with bandits than hopefully). So might perhaps come to beta in 2021 but not gold.

Oh yeah it s nice to see some devs speaking about the 300k ks stretch goal for the vr version.

I was afraid that it was maybe just something you decided to forget.

I m in since 2014 guys and I really wait to come more constantly on the game but on the vr version... cause now I m playing the 80% of my game session on VR.

I understand that you must polish clearly the desktop version before put the vr and work on it but I m sure it will be a must have in it.

The forest have made a really nice job on their September vr update if you wan have a look.

And I hear that unity have made a new patch to simplified the vr work on it... sound good for the future ;)

Anyway thanks for this fresh air make me dream for the future!

Good luck for the work

Archived