electrical connections in total

LtGenZombie

I’m working on a little project and have connected up lights/traps/switches and so on to generators. But I’m getting an error ‘ Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar’ when I reach a certain limit on electrical connections does anyone know this limit?

It’s not connecting more items to one relay or blocks it’s the whole game in general, the max concurrent connections in the whole game. I have probably over 100 connections from different blocks I have generators connected to relays connect to switches/traps/doors/lights after a while i get the error, but reducing the connections stops the error.

I would like to know how feasible it would be for FTP to rework the electrical system to allows for systems to have multiple parent connections. Perhaps through a specific block, like a transformer. I have a base and a shed with 8 generators, 3 battery banks, and plans to add more solar banks. I'd love to attach them all to the same grid. It would really help simplify the system.

^ this is something that many of us have been asking for as it would go a long way in allowing for general logic gates as well - something that is sorely needed IMHO.

Bot sure if it will ever happen though - TFP have not really seen to addressing the electrical system for awhile now.

I don't know how feasible it is to tamper with the number of connections themselves, but i suppose introducing new blocks would help things like:

1. Proposed above, a transformer block that would gather multiple sources. I would change it to a 2x1 device, where the base would "receive" and the top (or antenna) could be used to "send" power.

2. If not 1 device, add 2 blocks where the first would be a receiver and would shift the power to the neighboring sender block.

I think in general the electric systems need a rework to be able to view them as networks, instead of a series of interconnected devices and blocks.

Archived