Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage Numbers!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by meganoth View Post
    The reward for sneaking is much lower ammo consumption.
    <snip>
    Exactly! I see you have without a doubt played as a stealth build before. very cool.

    Originally posted by Ghostlight View Post
    But the penalty is much more time taken, so it evens out. In fact I think time is the more important resource. I can clear a POI ~ 4x faster running and gunning than I can sneaking about.
    yep, sneaking can take a long time vs run n gun when clearing a POI.

    Comment


      #17
      Pop up damage is a no from me, dog.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by TSBX View Post
        Pop up damage is a no from me, dog.
        Agreed. If they ever added pop up damage numbers that would be the day I put this game down and never pick it back up. Pop up numbers are horrible and so distracting. They are ok for RPG turn based games but other than that, heck no.

        Comment


          #19
          I wouldn't mind if they introduced popup damage as an additional option - strictly for those people that want to test out weapons, check various loadouts or differentiate between builds. For regular gameplay it would be more like Borderlands and i wouldn't want that personally.

          As much as this game is configurable, such "visual" options could simply be options, just like there is a mod that shows an HP bar for enemies, there could be a mod for popup damage, more sneaking incentives or whatever.

          From my long time experience as a sneaky bastard, it's very viable and doable even for the biggest POIs and toughest enemies.

          Perk up, train and succeed you will.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by meganoth View Post
            The reward for sneaking is much lower ammo consumption.

            Maybe ammo availability isn't quite balanced yet. But generally if you clear POIs with an M60 you need to invest a lot of time to get the additional ammo for horde nights. Because raiding a poi with an M60 will hardly give you back the ammo you used to raid it. A stealthy player instead gets all of his ammo just through looting pois and occasionally buying some ammo at the trader.
            Couldn't agree more with this. Ammo conservation is key when looting POIs. I usually melee as much as possible and only use ammunition that I have an over abundance. Crouching, noise reduction armor mods do wonders on getting those sneak shots in.

            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by Roland View Post
            Just say no to more pop ups and health bars. We aren't wearing power suits with scifi sensors and HUDs so let's not play like we're wearing power suits with scifi sensors and HUDs.
            Maybe when the TFPs add power suits to the INT tree then those indicators can be added....i kid i kid....*runs away*

            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by Ghostlight View Post
            But the penalty is much more time taken, so it evens out. In fact I think time is the more important resource. I can clear a POI ~ 4x faster running and gunning than I can sneaking about.
            You bring up a great point, the ultimate resource is definitely time. This is mostly most critical for those playing on harder difficulties and more frequent horde nights.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Khulkhuum View Post
              I wouldn't mind if they introduced popup damage as an additional option - strictly for those people that want to test out weapons, check various loadouts or differentiate between builds. For regular gameplay it would be more like Borderlands and i wouldn't want that personally.

              As much as this game is configurable, such "visual" options could simply be options, just like there is a mod that shows an HP bar for enemies, there could be a mod for popup damage, more sneaking incentives or whatever.

              From my long time experience as a sneaky bastard, it's very viable and doable even for the biggest POIs and toughest enemies.

              Perk up, train and succeed you will.
              Good point, but viewing damage dealt can already be achieved by entering Debug Mode by pressing 'F1' to bring up the console, 'dm' to enable debug mode, and Numpad 0 to turn on entity debug info, including HP.

              Comment


                #22
                When I first heard they might do health bars in A17 I must have prayed hard enough cuz they scrapped it :P

                That’s one of the major “immersion” mechanics I always enjoyed - you can’t tell if they’re close to dying and that’s how it would be. I like realism, but only to a point. Junk turrets is where I draw the line but to each their own.

                I will say, an extremely simple to add mechanic when a zed falls, would be to randomize the amount of time it takes before they get back up. Not the same old, fall and get back up at the same speed everytime. That would increase the immersion cuz you wouldn’t know they’re dead. Having it a static setting for how fast they get back up is a bit underwhelming.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Ac75 View Post
                  I will say, an extremely simple to add mechanic when a zed falls, would be to randomize the amount of time it takes before they get back up. Not the same old, fall and get back up at the same speed everytime. That would increase the immersion cuz you wouldn’t know they’re dead. Having it a static setting for how fast they get back up is a bit underwhelming.
                  From what I understand, that's already the case. Some zombies get up quickly, others need more time. Often you get the impression that a zombie is dead, but when you turn around he gets up.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I think i saw a mod that varied the get up time for downed zombies. Pretty sure Tin or someone worked on that in A17 at least...

                    Thanks for the info TSBX, i will check that out later on, but i assume the OP wanted something differently working.

                    @Ac75 the amount of "immersion" is the reason i don't like Borderlands series that much as other types of shooters. I understand it's the specific setting, but the Hack'n Slash'y gameplay with WoW colors everywhere and numbers popping left and right are not in my taste. Not that i didn't play the games, finished 1st, played a bit on the 2nd, but couldn't get into it. Won't try out the 3rd.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I think number popping up in Borderlands was a good thing tho

                      I just wouldn’t want it here. In borderlands you can tell how much corrosive damage you’re doing for example and that can be good to see

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Tin View Post
                        Kidding of course.
                        You say kidding, but I was thinking that seriously. 7Days to Fallout, or 7Days to the Borderlands?! No thank you.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          If the extended hud is a result of a special helmet or something, not a feature you can't turn off, why not?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I think damage numbers would crash the game lol. It already barely handles large hordes and if you are throwing grenades into a large group then good by fps.

                            Besides. You don't need numbers, shotgun will usually one shot headshot almost everything and you can spray down everything else with ak or m60.

                            If the devs ever added a large boss with a health bar then sure maaaybe.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Altho it is an unpopular opinon in many games, I love damage numbers in any game. Yeah, I would love them in skyrim and in many games that dont have them because of immersion. For me, HUD elements, information, stats, and so on, is never bad. The more info the better. The less info, the more random looks everything. Random is bad for me in most cases. I want to know why I died fast, I want to know why Im killing fast or slow. I love stats and as much info as possible.

                              And not because of easiness or something like that, but because it makes me enjoy my char more, the items I get and use, the enemies. Having info about all the stuff makes it more enjoyable.
                              Last edited by Kalarro; 02-07-2020, 10:25 AM.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Cannot understand why people simply say NO , HELL NO, WTF NO.. and not, yes if its an option that I can turn off. Like this everyone is happy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X