A18 horde night / base building help!

i_got_wood

Hi Y'all, I've got some trouble surviving horde night.

I have no idea what base building techniques and traps are effective anymore. So it'd be great if y'all could give me some pointers!

Zombies just seem to tear through any building like it's butter. I'm only on day 14 and demo zombies have already just nuked my whole base on horde night.

I understand im supposed to have multiple walls, but Concrete requires a ♥♥♥♥-load of stone that i just done have either.

So any tips & tricks on surviving horde night without abandoning my base and motorcycling away would be great help.

This is a simple base design that allows you to ignore the blood moons. You essentially bury the zombies so far into the ground that they canآ’t get out.

Day 4007 BM with cobblestone base:

How to build it:

This next is a mid to end game base designed to kill the zombies automatically. I have not done a آ“how to buildآ” on this one though. Just finished testing & finalizing it.

Early game i just build an one block wide corridor(two high+roof) with hatches on the ground, you can open the hatches and kill the zombies easy with melee weapons, just have enough stuff with you for repairing the hatches.

mid-late game i build most of the time this one:

I do think it’s odd that you’re see demo zombies on day 14 though. They shouldn’t show up until later BM, unless you’re on 300% exp or something.

Im curious about this as well. i was on day 28 on my last play through and i didnt see one demolisher.

ah I do have 200% EXP just because of how slow it is to lvl, even at lvl 40, with 80% of my perks into strength and intellect i haven't maxed anything yet.

Honestly the only thing i don't like is how they changed the levelling from getting exp from using new stuff and actually levelling skills by using them.

Really miss that.

Edit: I am playing with a friend as well, and have been on warrior difficulty since the start.

ah I do have 200% EXP just because of how slow it is to lvl, even at lvl 40, with 80% of my perks into strength and intellect i haven't maxed anything yet.

Honestly the only thing i don't like is how they changed the levelling from getting exp from using new stuff and actually levelling skills by using them.

Really miss that.

Edit: I am playing with a friend as well, and have been on warrior difficulty since the start.

If you have 200% EXP, it means your "perk power" still increases at the same speed as the difficulty of the enemies. But your gear and the materials you farm are not accelerated. So you effectively only have half the time to scavenge and mine materials as someone who plays at 100% EXP.

You could use creative menue to get some more materials or steel tools on day 1, or simply accept the challenge, or decrease difficulty to offset that, or increase loot as well, or make the zombies slower or weaker. Lots of ways to adapt.

Build the base that I have linked above, where you bury the zombies. Then hurl grenades down the hole to kill them. 200 grenades would likely take care of the whole horde. Or just ignore the zombies when they’re in the pit. I’ve never used 3000 bullets in any horde, but I also use other methods to kill, like dart traps and electric fences. Blade traps are worthless now, since they activate the demolishers button.

In 18.2 they activated the button. I tested it and the first demo through blew up.

Did it change in 18.3? If not, be careful. If the demo falls on the ground in the wrong way, it’ll activate.

UPDATE:

Tested again on 18.3. I guess I’ve only tested at head level, but the blade traps definitely trigger the demolishers. I posted a short video of it in my YouTube channel

I am actually looking forward to day 21 and the possibility of the demolishers, yeah they will kick my ass but it will be fun anyway. I have turrets and concrete walls with bars and I also found a level 4 M60 so it will be a blast. I will more than likely get on my bike after they destroy my bunker and just get off here and there and fill them full of lead.

Archived