Did they fix the major performance hit caused by A18 yet?

Mephistopheles

I quit playing this game when I and others noticed that A18 introduced poor performance and much lower FPS. Many threads were made about it, all brigaded by fanbois saying that it ran just fine on their 2080ti or w/e. I've no interest in more of that BS here today, I just want to know if performance was improved in the last several months. If so, I'll reinstall and give it a try. If not, I'll probably just wait until Gold is released.

I was one of the first to analyze the cause of the poor performance and present the evidence to Faatal helping narrow down the cause for further investigation/solution back, if I remember correctly, in A18.0. Sure enough it was what I pointed out and Faatal included fixes/optimizations for those issues in A18.2 and then more optimizations were added in A18.3.

I have a GeForce 960 and game runs smooth as butter now. Of course I cannot crank up the graphics to ultra but most are on high and some ultra with steady 50-60 fps. A18.3 saw the largest performance improvements IMO. Re-install my friend and check it out!!! If you still cannot get good enough improvements just say the word in this thread and I'll walk you through each of the settings including Nvidia control panel. :encouragement:

Many reports of better performance came in with the 18.3 update. Of course, your mileage may vary. You'll have to balance whether it is worth taking the time to install vs the off chance that even though performance improved for some it may not have for you.

But I hope it did and good luck.

im as blind as a bat, and am quite happy with doom level graphics, but three of the kids noted that the game looks better (when i am playing on the big screen tv) and they reckon it runs smoother now than ever. and i actually turned the quality up a bit for 18.3 and stopped using that gfxenable command

have a go and see

Archived