When did you start playing the game?

Roland

When did you start playing the game?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start playing the game?

Not a kickstarter unfortunately but entered the game a week before Alpha 6 released. Started on steam forums but switched to these forums a couple of months in. Been actively participating since.

I still play vanilla and mods and I have modded the game to a particular way that I enjoy playing it. I believe the game has in general improved though I don't personally agree with every single change.

Started back when you had to chop trees all the way down to get wood. Quit when that went away, didn't much like the more game-y harvest/upgrade mechanics. Came back when the rest of the game-y stuff came together with some real challenge, A17.0 hooked me good and hard. Still want more beef in the survival and crafting game but it's a tough balancing act, very very happy with how things are going overall.

My journey in 7 Days to die started with Alpha 15. I had seen some videos on Youtube and the players seemed to have fun when they built their base. Also the game was available for Linux and I am a Linux user. So it fit quite well.

By now I have accumulated more than 3100 hours of gameplay and have never skipped a version.

They chose the best time window possible, since Kickstarter back then was in its prime, "The Walking Dead" was gaining huge popularity, zombie games was the ♥♥♥♥, Minecraft had already brought the voxel gradeur into light, and a zombie voxel survival was indeed the "dream game" of a lot of people, myself included.

I decided not to back the game because I was skeptical, due to TFP's very poor level of communication in the old forums and their alleged game scope. However I had played it through a backer friend.

Kickstarter: We don’t want to make just any zombie game we want to make “The Zombie Game” that defines all zombie games!

It didn't become my dream zombie game, but still delivered.

Started on Jan 1st 2015 with Alpha 10, have played every Alpha since, sometimes with buddies on a hosted server and the last few just solo. Has been the longest game to keep my interest other than Evercrack. Kinda sick to be at over 6k hours played. That is some insane entertainment value.

A10 I think. 2199 hours play time.

Loved it up to A12/A13. They broke A14 on Linux, so I didn't play that version much. A15 was OK, but it started going downhill with A16. I'm still waiting for them to support 16K+ worlds again without having to use Nitrogen. I have hopes for A19, but not a lot tbh....

- - - Updated - - -

TBH though I'm not happy with where they are taking the game, it has ruined me for others in the genre. 7D2D is the best, the others are crude in comparison.

I started in A17. Once I got into the game, I started playing somewhat consistently, but I’ve come and gone from these forums. The atmosphere here can be a little bipolar at times. One post everyone is helpful & nice, and on another people are arguing and demanding apologies. I dislike drama, so I come and go 😊

Is there a way to find the date a game was purchased on steam? There used to be but it seems to be missing and that would be the only way to remember when I bought the game, played, got killed over and over, and hated it. Came back a little later got dysentery in the desert after drinking the water and got stuck in a river dying of overheating while being swarmed by flying things with a club or something to defend myself and hated it. Until A16 when I actually followed the tutorial and got hopelessly addicted.

I still remember spawning in the burnt forest and thinking the engine was made by a lunatic and running around looking for a gun and finding nothing but junk in everything I searched. I then proceeded to go into a AVGN rage after finding out that after dark the zeds started to run, while trying to defend them with whatever junk i could find and died over and over realizing that this was my worst nightmare, a roguelike FPS. I love RPGs but I hate Roguelike RPGs. I remember thinking (screaming), like the AVGN "how could this be a fun game", "what were they thinking", "this is the stupidest game ever made, were they aiming at masochists or something" "F*** THIS GAME".

To the defense of the devs, I should have watched some "lets play" episodes on YouTube or something. I was used to the usual FPS games of old and the idea of crating weapons was new to me so i was unprepared for the game at the start.

Archived