Your Favorite Biome and WHY

Adam the Waster

Your Favorite Biome and WHY  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favorite Biome and WHY

Hard question, because i value each biome for different reasons. I think the best is snow, where you can gather snow for easy water (you only then need a can or a bottle without the need for a water source), as well as edible berries. Even though the berries guarantee only 1 food, it's low food poisoning chance prevails among other early game foods. Not to mention spending some time searching for them can yield A LOT.

A casual player could choose forest due to low environment hazards, but with first spawn protections and knowledge on how to survive in the cold, i think it's the best place where you can start.

what's your favorite and WHY? it can be for any reason. for look, Resources etc

my Favorite is the Wasteland due to The Atmosphere and How hard it is to set up shop their

after you get the "no landmines explode" skill... i understand... but since there are active mines in the rubble... a clear no for me :D

Currently testing out starting / Playing in different biomes.

So far I did on Forest, Burnt Land, Desert, Wasteland (A17).

Sidenote: Playing on Difficulty 4 of 5 (Survivalist)

So far I really enjoy playing Desert:

+ Good visibility of zomibes etc

+ Has the occational vulture for feathers, bones, rotting flesh supply (burnt land is a tad extreme, especially if you go by bike ...)

+ Seems to have all kinds of resources

+ (why I like it personally): it is a challenge due to temperatue, wood supply (trees only grow up to 600 hp it seems) and limited water supply.

Additional Info regarding the playstyle:

Default day / Night cycle, loot, airdrops (are marked), Maxzombies 12.

playing 50/ 50 single and co-op with a friend.

Currently testing out starting / Playing in different biomes.

So far I did on Forest, Burnt Land, Desert, Wasteland (A17).

Sidenote: Playing on Difficulty 4 of 5 (Survivalist)

So far I really enjoy playing Desert:

+ Good visibility of zomibes etc

+ Has the occational vulture for feathers, bones, rotting flesh supply (burnt land is a tad extreme, especially if you go by bike ...)

+ Seems to have all kinds of resources

+ (why I like it personally): it is a challenge due to temperatue, wood supply (trees only grow up to 600 hp it seems) and limited water supply.

Additional Info regarding the playstyle:

Default day / Night cycle, loot, airdrops (are marked), Maxzombies 12.

playing 50/ 50 single and co-op with a friend.

This is why i always liked Desert and Snow. Even during night time you got good visibility due to the textures being way brighter than in the other biomes, as well as the lower amount of plants in the Desert. I don't mind the weather there (too hot or too cold), but i guess if you're unprepared it could get you seriously disadvantaged.

My favorite is - Plains.

i think it would be Cool if they Brought it back (in a way)

mix up the Plains and the desert, together

like the Desert could have some areas of Plain grass with some trees from the plains. but in the desert areas also could have Joshua tree around.

plus to me the Plains always looked like a Savanna to me so yeah. and plus Deserts do have some Grassy areas (granted not green or bright but at least some grass) so i think it would be nice to see that around in the desert!

also allow Mountain Lions spawn in the desert. it makes sense!

I think the reason the Plains were removed is purely technical.

Because of the new engine, coupled with distant terrain. It seems difficult to make an open space right now.

So far, they don't want to do this for various reasons.

But what annoys me most is that they talk about it as if - "no one liked the plains and we decided to get rid of them", i think this is a pure lie.

I don't like lies. Nobody likes it. So i'm a Troll. I'm a fair Troll - i troll only liars.

Plains all the way, just a serene place. Forest, Desert, Snow, Burnt Forest, Wasteland. I hope devs will bring them back old biomes eventually. I love the variety of landscapes, not necessarily the possible resources and loot that can be found in one place of another.

Snow is my favorite because I just like snow in general. It looks and feels nice and the sound of walking through it is nice too. The Wasteland would be my least favorite if it wasn't for modding. I remove the mine spawns because they are more annoying than challenging. It's not hard to avoid them but I don't find staring at the ground 100% of the time when traveling to be a fun part of gameplay.

I think the Snow biome is by far the easiest even though it shouldn't be. You have high visibility at night. Being in the snow means having access to water literally anywhere and it's not like animals are that rare so it's not particularly hard to find food. Unless you're unlucky you should find a puffer coat before your environment protection runs out.

I think you could make a case for the Desert being the easiest. It used to be definitively the easiest pre A17 where you didn't need skill investment to make First Aid Bandages and Yucca Juice only needed Yucca + Jar.

Archived