I cleared the skyscraper from day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was wondering if anyone else has done this. I did the beginner quests, talked to the trader, then went straight to the skyscraper with my leather knuckle wraps. I did a full clear from bottom to top. It seems like the kitchens have just enough food and water to keep you sustained. Also luck was on my side because, just as I got infected I looted an anti biotic.

Started out really slow, but as I was Levelling it started getting easier to kill the zombies. The hardest floor was the worker floor, because I woke the whole floor to try and speed things up. I only had 2 ferals at the top, about 5 or 6 bikers 2 hawaiian shirt guys and a few others.

I killed every zombie and got to the phat loot at the top by day 5 night time. I could probly do it faster now that I know my way around the building though.

Give it a go. Let me know how long and hard it was.

Sounds like a good idea, gonna try this too.

Comment

I'd suggest selling as much as you can to the trader, so you have some coin for the vending machines. Was such a tease staring at food for 20 coins, and being flat broke.

For most of the first 4 or 5 floors I was hanging around 20hp, which forced me to dump 2 points into healing factor

Next time Ill hold onto my empty jars and a pot, as there's a swimming pool halfway up. There's times I was desperate enough that I would have just drank the boiled water as I had an anti disentary drink on standby. I was overheating a lot, even though I was inside.

Comment

Maybe i'm strange, but i usually gather most if not all the things i find, additionally breaking up couches and stuff for Scrap Polymer, Cloth and Leather. This allows me to get enough to get a can or two from the vending machine, although i'd prefer to gather plants when in a pinch and sell them. Spend 15 minutes on gathering Cotton, Goldenrod and Chrysanthemum and you surely will buy some food and drinks.

I once did the multifloor hotel (5 or 6 floors with a roof and additional small building on top) practically at the beginning of the game. The feral up top killed me, even though i had a gun (found inside), but mostly due to waking up everyone on the roof. Got me lots of good stuff, although i prefer clearing POIs when i'm a bit stronger and have a dedicated weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by edyonline View Post
          that's cool. i've done that one too, and had a blast..

next see how long you can survive without leaving the tower.

Comment

I make a set of boxes on each level for my loot then transfer it all down to the bottom for easy collection while I'm selling.

Even easier with a buddy and Steel Pickaxes late in the game poke a 2x2 hole in the floor and put ramps around it, then one person dumps the loot in the hole and the guy at the bottom picks it up and puts in a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthjake View Post
              I make a set of boxes on each level for my loot then transfer it all down to the bottom for easy collection while I'm selling.

Even easier with a buddy and Steel Pickaxes late in the game poke a 2x2 hole in the floor and put ramps around it, then one person dumps the loot in the hole and the guy at the bottom picks it up and puts in a box.
              My team of 4 did something similar. While 3 of us were clearing the skyscraper, one was at the bottom with a 4x4. We'd drop all our loot, and then she'd grab it and pack it up.

Comment

I am fairly certain the newer design philosophy of Dishong Tower was that it was meant to be an all-in-one experience. I've lived there quite happily too for a while, looting the surrounding area and then returning. Every 5 days or so (it wasn't realistic but it was STILL content) I'd go back up and loot the upper floors for fun. I even did some work up there to funnel up hardhat zeds into a firing line for easy pickin'

Comment

I nearly always beeline for the closest skyscraper on day 1. Even getting up a couple of floors gives me a safe spot for the night. After clearing, a veritable fortress for the rest of my game.

Comment

Originally posted by kamelophagous View Post
                    I nearly always beeline for the closest skyscraper on day 1. Even getting up a couple of floors gives me a safe spot for the night. After clearing, a veritable fortress for the rest of my game.
                    The little public cafe up a few floors is a really great spot.

Comment

Good job edyonline btw!

I don't know if I should be impressed with the op on being able to do this on day 1? or sad?

Sad. Because the game (in its current state) makes it possible to conquer on day 1. Which you would think, would be one of the most difficult prefabs in the game.
                      Signed: Conflicted.

At least that is what I am taking away from this, and I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin View Post
                        Good job edyonline btw!

I don't know if I should be impressed with the op on being able to do this on day 1? or sad?

Sad. Because the game (in its current state) makes it possible to conquer on day 1. Which you would think, would be one of the most difficult prefabs in the game.
                        Signed: Conflicted.

At least that is what I am taking away from this, and I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1.
                        a lot of poi are a lot easier earlier on than later on. many of them become extremely challenging at higher levels when they're easy at the beginning mainly because of how zombie variety corosponds with game stage.
                        However, I think it is safe to say that balance and progression are very much in alpha stage at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Baratan View Post
                          a lot of poi are a lot easier earlier on than later on. many of them become extremely challenging at higher levels when they're easy at the beginning mainly because of how zombie variety corosponds with game stage.
                          However, I think it is safe to say that balance and progression are very much in alpha stage at this point
                          lol, I guess you you missed the part of "(in its current state)" and "I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1."

Comment

The last mod I made in A17 was plaCing a skyscraper in the corner of the map, set the spawn point on top and give nothing but an AK with 500 rounds as a starting item. Very interesting and a lot of fun when you have to fight your way through a skyscraper at the start of the game.
                            Last edited by Kubikus; 02-10-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubikus View Post
                              The last mod I made in A17 was plaCing a skyscraper in the corner of the map, set the spawn point on top and give nothing but an AK with 500 rounds as a starting item. Very interesting and a lot of fun when you have to fight your way through a skyscraper at the start of the game.
                              Flashbacks to Escape from New York comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X