I cleared the skyscraper from day 1

edyonline

Was wondering if anyone else has done this. I did the beginner quests, talked to the trader, then went straight to the skyscraper with my leather knuckle wraps. I did a full clear from bottom to top. It seems like the kitchens have just enough food and water to keep you sustained. Also luck was on my side because, just as I got infected I looted an anti biotic.

Started out really slow, but as I was Levelling it started getting easier to kill the zombies. The hardest floor was the worker floor, because I woke the whole floor to try and speed things up. I only had 2 ferals at the top, about 5 or 6 bikers 2 hawaiian shirt guys and a few others.

I killed every zombie and got to the phat loot at the top by day 5 night time. I could probly do it faster now that I know my way around the building though.

Give it a go. Let me know how long and hard it was.

I'd suggest selling as much as you can to the trader, so you have some coin for the vending machines. Was such a tease staring at food for 20 coins, and being flat broke.

For most of the first 4 or 5 floors I was hanging around 20hp, which forced me to dump 2 points into healing factor

Next time Ill hold onto my empty jars and a pot, as there's a swimming pool halfway up. There's times I was desperate enough that I would have just drank the boiled water as I had an anti disentary drink on standby. I was overheating a lot, even though I was inside.

Maybe i'm strange, but i usually gather most if not all the things i find, additionally breaking up couches and stuff for Scrap Polymer, Cloth and Leather. This allows me to get enough to get a can or two from the vending machine, although i'd prefer to gather plants when in a pinch and sell them. Spend 15 minutes on gathering Cotton, Goldenrod and Chrysanthemum and you surely will buy some food and drinks.

I once did the multifloor hotel (5 or 6 floors with a roof and additional small building on top) practically at the beginning of the game. The feral up top killed me, even though i had a gun (found inside), but mostly due to waking up everyone on the roof. Got me lots of good stuff, although i prefer clearing POIs when i'm a bit stronger and have a dedicated weapon.

I make a set of boxes on each level for my loot then transfer it all down to the bottom for easy collection while I'm selling.

Even easier with a buddy and Steel Pickaxes late in the game poke a 2x2 hole in the floor and put ramps around it, then one person dumps the loot in the hole and the guy at the bottom picks it up and puts in a box.

I make a set of boxes on each level for my loot then transfer it all down to the bottom for easy collection while I'm selling.

Even easier with a buddy and Steel Pickaxes late in the game poke a 2x2 hole in the floor and put ramps around it, then one person dumps the loot in the hole and the guy at the bottom picks it up and puts in a box.

My team of 4 did something similar. While 3 of us were clearing the skyscraper, one was at the bottom with a 4x4. We'd drop all our loot, and then she'd grab it and pack it up.

I am fairly certain the newer design philosophy of Dishong Tower was that it was meant to be an all-in-one experience. I've lived there quite happily too for a while, looting the surrounding area and then returning. Every 5 days or so (it wasn't realistic but it was STILL content) I'd go back up and loot the upper floors for fun. I even did some work up there to funnel up hardhat zeds into a firing line for easy pickin'

Good job edyonline btw!

I don't know if I should be impressed with the op on being able to do this on day 1? or sad?

Sad. Because the game (in its current state) makes it possible to conquer on day 1. Which you would think, would be one of the most difficult prefabs in the game.

Signed: Conflicted.

At least that is what I am taking away from this, and I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1.

Good job edyonline btw!

I don't know if I should be impressed with the op on being able to do this on day 1? or sad?

Sad. Because the game (in its current state) makes it possible to conquer on day 1. Which you would think, would be one of the most difficult prefabs in the game.

Signed: Conflicted.

At least that is what I am taking away from this, and I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1.

a lot of poi are a lot easier earlier on than later on. many of them become extremely challenging at higher levels when they're easy at the beginning mainly because of how zombie variety corosponds with game stage.

However, I think it is safe to say that balance and progression are very much in alpha stage at this point

a lot of poi are a lot easier earlier on than later on. many of them become extremely challenging at higher levels when they're easy at the beginning mainly because of how zombie variety corosponds with game stage.

However, I think it is safe to say that balance and progression are very much in alpha stage at this point

lol, I guess you you missed the part of "(in its current state)" and "I hope that down the road, it can't be conquered on day 1." :D

The last mod I made in A17 was plaCing a skyscraper in the corner of the map, set the spawn point on top and give nothing but an AK with 500 rounds as a starting item. Very interesting and a lot of fun when you have to fight your way through a skyscraper at the start of the game.

The last mod I made in A17 was plaCing a skyscraper in the corner of the map, set the spawn point on top and give nothing but an AK with 500 rounds as a starting item. Very interesting and a lot of fun when you have to fight your way through a skyscraper at the start of the game.

Flashbacks to Escape from New York comes to mind.

That’s even more generous than a pistol and 100 rounds.... ;)

So Ive tried a few different strategies, and some just make it too easy. Now Ive come up with a ruleset if anyone wants to try this.

1. Complete all quests and talk to the trader before 1200

2. Do not do any trader quests.

3. Enter the building before nightfall.

4. Once you enter, do not leave.

To be honest, this is a little generous. it gives you plenty of time to gather resources. I did an attempt after doing a trader quest first, and it was way too easy. You get a boost of xp, and a nice amount of coin to buy all the food and water you need... so maybe attempt it that way first time around.

But, I don't think its fair to call this an easy task :p

As it stands, I roam the night like a 40 man raid boss, looking for the group of zombies that can take me down. I posted a tutorial on how to box in this game, and once you master the playstyle, you should be able to roam at night from day one. In the video, I started an every night horde game with short days, and show you how to fight out in the street, all day and night! I played it through to day 10 off screen, and as you get the right gear and talent points, the game just gets easier. I think the jab is way overpowered right now, it definitely needs some balancing, but overall, you can not do the skyscraper with any other weapon. There simply is not enough ammo early game, and most other melee weapons use too much stamina.

One half run I did, I was lucky enough to get a junk turret. Trying to keep it loaded with ammo is too time consuming. It was nice to set it up out of sight around a corner while night fighting. That way if I was taking too much damage and I needed a break, I could run around the corner and recover.

I didnt stop swinging my fists, day and night. I used the same night fighting tactics in the tutorial, but modified slightly to suit the scyscraper. For night time combat, basically throw down a bunch of torches, then set up 3 or 4 lanes to kite the zombies and smack em down one by one.

Considering no one else has said they completed this challenge, I wouldn't think any changes need to be made. Even if they did balance the jab, it would still come down to playstyle. Just picture Mike Tyson rampaging through a skyscraper of zombies... Thats me :p

That’s even more generous than a pistol and 100 rounds.... ;)
Have you tried it? In A17, where we had more sleepers than now? I used the largest skyscraper, and again, nothing else. No tool, no materials, no food, just the gun. Already because you didn't know how much ammo you need, prevented you from just spraying like John G. himself.

Have you tried it? In A17, where we had more sleepers than now? I used the largest skyscraper, and again, nothing else. No tool, no materials, no food, just the gun. Already because you didn't know how much ammo you need, prevented you from just spraying like John G. himself.

No. But it does sound interesting. Will you give a link to your mod? I'll revert to A17 to give it a go.

EDIT: This also works with A18, I just started a new game and spawned on top of the skyscraper. I gave myself 450 bullets and cleared only the roof so far - 50 bullets already gone. IIrc, though, A17 had a lot more sleepers than A18.

EDIT 2: One more thing to add - I did always ignore the treasure room that you can enter through the ceiling windows from the roof, I just went there and you get some stuff, food, more weapons, ammo.. Very hard to get out and not really worth it, but I recommend not to go in there, that might somehow reduces the fun.

No. But it does sound interesting. Will you give a link to your mod? I'll revert to A17 to give it a go.
Wow, it was actually still in the game folder. I haven't tested it, but here ya go:

https://easyupload.io/pux4oh

You gotta put this in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds

so that the "Kubikus Kounty" folder is a sub-folder of "Worlds". You should then spawn in the lower left green patch that you can see in the biomes.png. The idea was to spawn on top of the skyscraper, then have the little peacefull-ish patch to level up, which is surrounded by wasteland (orange), that you have to make it through. A pale version of the ringworld with (I think) 12 different biomes, that made the core of "my mod" up until A16. Soon after, I gave up modding cuz too much had changed.

There are no xml-files for the inventory, so after spawning, throw all your stuff away and give yourself an AK with a stack of ammo from the creative menu. Nothing else.

Should it not work, it's easy to reproduce as long as you have a map with a skyscraper, just teleport to it's roof after you spawn in a new game. I think there were non in A17 vanilla RWG, though. You can place one with the prefabs.xml ine the worlds-subfolder, in my case it's

<decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_01" position="-3750, 52, -3745" rotation="2" />

You can create a single player-spawn with spawnpoints.xml, in my case it's

<spawnpoint position="-3715,162,-3704" rotation="0,16,0"/>

It's real good fun tho, well worth a game or two.

I'll try it first in A18 and then revert to A17 if I want to play with more sleepers.
I've played "through it" now, meaning, I escaped the skyscraper. It took me roughly one day, and I spend the night mostly afk in a save spot. I found more ammo, eventually had 230 rounds left, and the (lvl 6) AK still had ~ 20% durability. But I also had found a stun baton and a sledge hammer. 'Twas amusing, but should need some further tweaking. Particularly should it not be possible to skip floors easily by jumping down, I must've skipped at least 5 floors that way. There is too much good loot (food, clothing, tools) and the AK seems overly strong, better give more ammo for a weaker weapon - you can 1 shot most zombies as long as you hit the head. The problem with sleeper "pockets" is noticable as well, when you can shoot down sleeping zombies through a door or window and their friends don't wake up because you are not in the same area with them.

Maybe instead of a gun, a melee weapon would be better, of course you'd still have to deal with the zombies on the roof - give a gun with ~ 50 - 80 rounds, after that, melee.

Anyways, I think it's a nice alternative start, already worth ~ 1 hour of gameplay, with a few tweaks, I bet you could squeeze at least another thirty minutes out of it, if you really wanted to and worked on the POI accordingly, probably much more. I guess you could just copypaste a whole bunch of additional floors in too.

I tried it in A18. I started a Navezgane map and flew straight to the skyscraper landed on the roof and played through. It was a lot of fun. It took me two full days but I probably could have gone through a lot faster than I did. It is a fun start.

Maybe starting in a room near the top of the hospital would also be fun.

I tried it in A18. I started a Navezgane map and flew straight to the skyscraper landed on the roof and played through. It was a lot of fun. It took me two full days but I probably could have gone through a lot faster than I did. It is a fun start.

Maybe starting in a room near the top of the hospital would also be fun.

Didnt someone create a custom world with only the skyscraper in it?

Edit:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?134901-Dishong-Tower-Challenge-Modlet&highlight=Dishong

I think it would be fun to create fun escape maps. Maybe have custom quests like kill X number of zeds and then escape to quest marker...

Archived