Horde night question

prkchpsyring

I recently began playing 7 days again after finally building a new PC. Started a new game and I am currently on day 8. On horde night, I cleared all of the waves which ended around 12-12:30. Went down on the ground and repaired some stuff, put blocks down, etc. I had to log off with the time being around 1:30. What confused me was when I logged back on, I immediately had another wave or two swarm my base. Is that normal to have such a gap in waves? Or is it because I logged off it reset the horde?

You simply logged off "during" horde night. Even though you killed everyone off, you have to wait until the morning so that you won't reset the horde. It is somewhat strange, but just like logging off during the whole fighting, you shouldn't get an easy pass on it.

Next time be sure to have enough time to wait until 4:30 or simply leave the game open. Better than fighting 2 hordes and using up resources for it.

Or you can take the other approach. If the horde ends early and you’re bored, log off and log back on to begin the killing again. I’ve done this before.

IMO, it’s a glitch that should be fixed.

Yeah I agree. It made me use up a bunch of resources I didn’t want to expend. Especially because the horde was killed off yet the game wanted to generate another one lol

A glitch? I don´t think so. It´s only while your gamestage is low enough. Once you reach a certain level they go on all night. At least for me, onyl the first few bloodmoons are not all night long. As i play permadeath in SP i have gone trough this a few times already. Always the same, there is always a point where the bloodmoon starts to last all night long.

A glitch? I don´t think so. It´s only while your gamestage is low enough. Once you reach a certain level they go on all night. At least for me, onyl the first few bloodmoons are not all night long. As i play permadeath in SP i have gone trough this a few times already. Always the same, there is always a point where the bloodmoon starts to last all night long.

In the early gamestages, the design and intent is that the BM doesn’t last all night. For example, if your BM ends at 1 am, and no more zombies will come naturally, how is it not a glitch if logging out and logging back in will restart the BM, spawning many more zombies? If the BM is over, it shouldn’t matter if you log off and back on again, the BM should be over regardless. I’m pretty sure I’ve even seen this topic in the bug report forum too.

In the latest alpha this was changed to where the horde night does not simply restart if you log off between 2000-400 hours. If you log off on horde night and log on again later the horde night does not start unless you damage a zombie. So while repairing you must have come along a zombie and damaged it, thus starting horde night again. So in the future you should avoid running around at night if you log off on horde night and if you do decide to run around outside, be aware that damaging a zombie will start the horde once again. The same now also applies if you die during horde night. You must damage a zombie to continue the horde.

Only if you are slow in killing them all. This usually means one of the following:

a) You and/or your base sucks at killing the horde.

b) You have maxAlive set very low so it'll take ages to kill a full horde because only a small number can spawn at a time.

Either way...for shame. ;)

I do play on warrior with 50min days, long nights and sprinting Z´s at night. I also refuse to use all that stuff that is just lying around. (Those tons of pallets with ressources and all those functional workstations, that´s built in cheesing. Meh) So yeah on the first horde night i usually don´t have a lot to kill many of them. Also 16 z´s at bloodmoon. There is no looting at night early game. Permadeath says no to going out at night in the first two weeks or so.

I had this happen to me too. It can definitely be exploited as an XP farm. With horde every night, the early hordes are only a couple waves if you lucky, which doesn't help with XP. I was thinking of abusing this, but I just cant be bothered logging off and on lol.

Or you can take the other approach. If the horde ends early and you’re bored, log off and log back on to begin the killing again. I’ve done this before.

IMO, it’s a glitch that should be fixed.

We do that. If the horde feels too short, we loot the bags, log out and give it another round!

Archived