Roadmap?

MetroDetroitGaming

They don't share the road map publicly. I know other studios do but TFP doesn't.

They will leave Alpha when they are ready. Honestly, they are definitely in a hybrid stage of development right now polishing up and finalizing some things while other things are still in an early state and other things have yet to be added. As long as they are actively working on the game I don't see a problem. If they went years without any update but claimed to be still working on it then there would be a problem.

Does this game have a roadmap at all or any time frame on when it will actually move out of Alpha? Will it ever move out of Alpha? Most games dont spend this long in this state, especially when released to console.

This is not an example of normal game development time.

I think a roadmap should be shared if a games in Early Access, personally.

Does this game have a roadmap at all or any time frame on when it will actually move out of Alpha? Will it ever move out of Alpha? Most games dont spend this long in this state, especially when released to console.

What's the difference between playing the game as it is now compared to playing the game with it's status not being tagged as alpha anymore? There is no difference.

Just think of it as already being out of alpha with constant and free updates.

I don't think a road map would help, as the plan changes based on whats good and fun. It would only end up with people will griping saying I was looking forward to the XYZ wheres my XYZ , I want my XYZ now, even if the pimp have give them ZZY instead which turns out to be far better.

I love this game being in early access - its like every 6 months the improvements make it seem we have a whole new game to play.

The game has been playable and fun ever since early alphas (I Bought in 2014?? I think), best £15 I've spent on a game,

(except maybe UT2004 which I played for far too many years as well).

The only advantage of going gold is the stability for modding.

Looking forward to seeing what we get in the next Alpha - thinks FunPimps!

Public Roadmaps are a double edged sword. They are great for completing features by a specific deadline which helps potential buyers make a decision if they want to buy into the game.

On the flip side, they can limit a dev teams ability to shift gears when needed for creative purposes.

Personally, I think a public roadmap is a good thing as long as expectations are set that it can change when needed.

Archived