More details about game setting "loot respawn"

Blasphemous

Not sure about this but if I disable loot altogether, does this also mean that the emptied trash bags that I destroyed will never respawn either? What about cars?

I have this problem that cars respawned and now block the streets in several crucial locations between traders.

Now I would like to be sure that once I dismantle those wrecks, I won't have to deal with that again when the loot respawn is disabled. Is that how it works or is it just that containers stay empty but the objects themselves still respawn?

Resetting regions of the map? How does that happen? Is this some explicit action or is it triggered by something within the game?

I don't use any mods and the cars in question are outside of the PoI quest reset area.

AFAIK cars do not respawn in vanilla. If you notice this happening call the FBI X-Files division :cocksure:

Resetting regions is also something you have to actively do by deleting region files in the save game. if you are playing on an open server this may happen regularely because the server operator wants to provide a steady supply of cars to old and new players visiting the server

AFAIK cars do not respawn in vanilla. If you notice this happening call the FBI X-Files division :cocksure:

It could also be a bug where chunks are reset. For example, there was a similar bug until A18.3:

https://7daystodie.com/alpha-18-3-language-patch-is-out/

* We fixed the EndOfStreamException that results in loss of base, workstations, and items due to chunk resetting

This is exclusively single player, so no server/admin-forced resets.

No mods in use at all, so this is vanilla.

I am absolutely sure cars have respawned on a road not adjacent to any PoIs.

The same road I traversed many times suddenly has obstacles that I have explicitly removed before.

This doesn't seem like a regular respawn either, I had the loot respawn set to 30 days, this is happening on day 16.

Cars should npt respawn in vanilla. There is a mod that does it from ravenhearst. If you destroy a car and a grey little bush appears in it's place that is the mod placeholder for a car to "grow" there. Destroy that bush when you do the car and it will not respawn. Otherwise you've got a bug.

Archived