No announcement yet.

New forum design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you restore a saved post, some characters are replaced with HTML encoded versions, for example '<' is restored as '&lt;'.

The little dialog that appears when clicking on post numbers in a thread is obnoxious. It adds little when compared to the common function, and more importantly it makes it more trouble to jump to a specific post in the full thread after a thread search (new tab not withstanding).

-----

Brains re:"wtf is the point of a comment???"
    Is it a privileged function? For example, for public warnings and such...

Comment

Originally posted by alphaniner View Post
      If you restore a saved post, some characters are replaced with HTML encoded versions, for example '&lt;' is restored as '&amp;lt;'.

The little dialog that appears when clicking on post numbers in a thread is obnoxious. It adds little when compared to the common function, and more importantly it makes it more trouble to jump to a specific post in the full thread after a thread search (new tab not withstanding).

-----

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean with the dialog?

Comment

Hey! It did it when you quoted him Brains. The "<" in his post changed to "&it;" when you quoted him.

Comment

If you restore a saved post, some characters are replaced with HTML encoded versions, for example '<' is restored as '&lt;'.

-----

test

Comment

Originally posted by Brains View Post

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean with the dialog?
            forum.png

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
              The current design is just the default basic design. We needed to upgrade the forums first and the design will follow. Please be patient and we will get back a pleasing interface that is tailored to 7 Days to Die just as before. In the meantime please post what you like or want as far as features. For example, individual posts can be given a "thumbs up" that is publicly shown which is something we never had before.
              how about a font size that can be read without a magnifing glass please. tiny grey on black is damned aweful to try to read. even with my new glasses i cant read these forums anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post

If you go to your settings you can change the number of posts that show. I have mine on 30 and it is working. Threads on the main page are still stuck at 10 with no way that I've found so far to increase. But once inside a thread you can increase the number of posts you see. I would also like to see more than 10 threads showing on the first page of any subforum.
                Besides that you can't change it, it should not be a setting, I only login to post, not to browse.

And the low contrast is really annoying, usability should always be #1 priority in any design of something that has a function.

Comment

Originally posted by spud42 View Post

how about a font size that can be read without a magnifing glass please. tiny grey on black is damned aweful to try to read. even with my new glasses i cant read these forums anymore.
                  In the meantime, have you tried zooming? I often zoom forums until the outermost "box" (in this case the black area) doesn't grow any wider.

In FF at least, zooming is persistent across a domain. So you can zoom in once and the zoom will always be in effect until you change it again.

Comment

That is supposed to do that. That is the reason for the postid's it is so you can copy a specific post link and send it to people.

Comment

Originally posted by Brains View Post

That is supposed to do that. That is the reason for the postid's it is so you can copy a specific post link and send it to people.
                      If that's the hot new thing, I'm not gonna argue. I've just never seen post numbers behave that way before. In my experience the post number is a simple hyperlink to the post, where the URL could be copied through the context menu anyway.

The main reason it bothers me, again, is because compared to a simple link it complicates the process of jumping to a post in the full thread when you do a thread search.

Comment

Yes, it is there to quick link to a post, normally people would right click and select copy link location, but now it just opens a dialog instead of just refreshing the page since there isn't a need to refresh the page since you are already at the post.

Comment

How come i try to subscribe to different threads and it says i dont have authorisation to view this topic lol.. like hello i am haha

Comment

My bar doesnt fill either lol. How do you get orange bars haha

Comment

Forum software bug report:

In the A19 Dev Diary line the avatar picture of Damocles but the name of Laz Man is shown as last poster. The picture is correct, the name is not.

Sorry for the image quality, inserting images correctly in the new forum seems to need a secret sauce I haven't found yet
                              Last edited by meganoth; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Has anyone been able to multi-quote after the update? When I click quote on a second post, that quote isn't added to the reply text box.

Comment

Working...
                                X