New forum design

Kalex

We upgraded forums because our previous version was End of Life'd. The old theme wasn't compatible so we were not able to migrate it. We are working on a new theme but in order to get the forums back online we went with a default dark theme for now.

I understand that the version update needed for future stability. But the visual style is still rather confusing.

Usability: on very large threats (like the dev logs) , its not possible to jump directly to the last page of posts.

It only advances one page at a time.

We upgraded forums because our previous version was End of Life'd. The old theme wasn't compatible so we were not able to migrate it. We are working on a new theme but in order to get the forums back online we went with a default dark theme for now.

look forward to seeing what you come up with

Usability: on very large threats (like the dev logs) , its not possible to jump directly to the last page of posts.

Also, edited content does not show up, when another post was made after the post.

Thanks, I will take a look at that. If you notice issues please feel free to post them here.

Also, edited content does not show up, when another post was made after the post.

For the time being you can type in the page number at the top, or in the topic list there is a >> icon to click on next to the last post time that will take you to the last page

Ok, I see there is a page selection at the bottom. Maybe you can edit the layout to also have it appear the the top.

The "Game Modification" Subforum (linking to other forums under it) seems to use a default style.

The image at the top might be better to use a banner that is wider but has less height. (currently uses a pretty large chunk of screen space)

Ok, I see there is a page selection at the bottom. Maybe you can edit the layout to also have it appear the the top.

The "Game Modification" Subforum (linking to other forums under it) seems to use a default style.

The image at the top might be better to use a banner that is wider but has less height.

yeh i dont like the new layout so much grey back ground where as before it was all zombies background etc.

The current design is just the default basic design. We needed to upgrade the forums first and the design will follow. Please be patient and we will get back a pleasing interface that is tailored to 7 Days to Die just as before. In the meantime please post what you like or want as far as features. For example, individual posts can be given a "thumbs up" that is publicly shown which is something we never had before.

The image at the top might be better to use a banner that is wider but has less height. (currently uses a pretty large chunk of screen space)

It shows at the top for me.

First, holy crap brains is still alive.

Second, the mobile editor is atrocious.

Type a line, hit enter, backspace to the previous line to see some issues. Sometimes double text, sometimes not, but always several backspaces to go from one line to the previous.

I get it's a default layout for the time being but please if possible choose a different editor.

The rep system is inaccessible from the player profile, as well. Seems to have moved to a "like" system, will that remain?

Adding a per post like system is something that I requested so hopefully that stays. It appears that the bar representing reputation is still intact but you are correct that there is no way to access it. Even in my admin interface I can no longer access the reputation system although the stat does appear in a player's profile. :cheerful:

Adding a per post like system is something that I requested so hopefully that stays. It appears that the bar representing reputation is still intact but you are correct that there is no way to access it. Even in my admin interface I can no longer access the reputation system although the stat does appear in a player's profile. :cheerful:

I'm torn. On one hand it's going to be used more, but on the other hand I'm going to miss the personalized hilarity that comes with some reps (looking at you gazz).

Archived