What to produce -> sell at the trader for Gold?

The Loooser

Yo!

In A16 I just created mass Concrete Blocks and sold them to the trader. But now you have to craft them in the cement mixer. So no mass spam possible anymore.

I heard that crafting + selling high quality tools is good. But it uses up a lot of duct tape. So what else can I do?

After several trader nerfs it has become difficult to make a lot of money with things you have in abundance.

The quests bring in quite some money and you can sell what you loot to the trader. You can also sell raw materials like stone, wood or iron.

If you find mods then don't sell them one by one. Wait until you find a higher quality weapon or armor piece and then put the mod into the weapon or armor piece. This will increase the value more than if you would have sold mods individually.

That answer is not helpful for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted to know what items are good to focus on BESIDES crafting tools.

2. To craft tools you need duct tape, to craft duct tape you need glue, to craft glue you need bones.

You get bones mostly from dogs (+ animals) and you cant mass farm dogs. Because there is no place where you can find 10 dogs in 10 minutes (except wasteland). So ... you cant mass produce tools.

(Ah well that was dedicated to 1st answer - there was a lag and the answer was not submitted and now it is ... Forum often does not load, its a bit buggy?)

2. To craft tools you need duct tape, to craft duct tape you need glue, to craft glue you need bones.

You get bones mostly from dogs (+ animals) and you cant mass farm dogs. Because there is no place where you can find 10 dogs in 10 minutes (except wasteland). So ... you cant mass produce tools.

(Ah well that was dedicated to 1st answer - there was a lag and the answer was not submitted and now it is ... Forum often does not load, its a bit buggy?)

Harvest the road kill, all animals (not only dogs), corpses, body bags and, in the desert, the horned head bones laying around everywhere. I craft a lot of glue, all the time. All except the desert bones also give you rotten meat, another important resource for Hobo stew and farm plots.

I do craft mods to increase the value of weapons and armor before I sell them, and not all of them require duct tape or glue.

Also if you want to play a game where the trader is an important source of dukes and stuff, invest points into better bargain, and use cheese cake, awesome sauce, a magnum (with the perk), and a cigar.

There are plenty of POIs that offer a TON of bones. Bobs Boars is a good one as it is full of boars. Hospitals and many army camps also have body bags which net quite a few bones as well. That and harvesting the bodies on the road will give you more bones then you will ever need.

I sell rocks in the beginning.. then later i sell steel.and rocks.. then even later i sell purple armor / steel/ rocks 8k per 500 steel with boosts.. or just 6k normal.. I think u get 1800 normal for 500 rocks but over 2000 with boosts (grampa drink/cigar/magnum)

Parts. Mechanical parts, electrical parts, and plastic. Take everything you find apart, sell a stack whenever you have like a stack and a half. I honestly can't buy enough at the traders to get rid of the stacks and stacks of dukes that parts make. I don't even bother to sell anything else.

Archived