does the horde night loot get any better?

ElCabong

The loot improves over time; more zeds to kill gives more bags, and gamestage influences the things you loot per bag (at least for other containers, don't see why it wouldn't for zed bags). As for bosses, I wouldn't count demolishers as a "boss", but they will have an improved chance to drop bags.

Nothing "special" in the loot there though, afaik.

At least the bags don't despawn anymore so we can pick it all up after the zombies have finished.

Huh? I'm almost completely sure the bags still despawn, at least in 18.3. We even had a discussion if it would be possible to at least increase the despawn time.

@OP: The looddrop of Zs was (significantly) reduced in A17 (it was 17, right?), because the bloodmoon wasn't meant to ship huge amounts of "free" loot to the entrance of your base.

In opposite bloodmoons should be an event you have to prepare for, not an event that pays back for itself by dropping large amounts of loot.

Well I'm not using a mod and they stay through til morning when we loot them.

If you play on 60 minutes day you will be able to loot most of them (if you have some dropped early night you need to pick them before because they will despawn)

If you play on 120 minutes day, most of them despawn before the night end so you need to loot them (but in this case you usually don't have Z until the end of the night anyway)

Archived