Spear on Ps4?

The short of it (and generalized as there is a lot more detail in the PS forum on this) is that the PS4 version stopped getting updates for a whole host of reasons. AFAIK, it is not going to resume again so what you have for the PS4 is what you are going to get.

Like the above poster mentioned, you really want the PC version as that is the only one that will be completed.

• 2 weeks later...
The short of it (and generalized as there is a lot more detail in the PS forum on this) is that the PS4 version stopped getting updates for a whole host of reasons. AFAIK, it is not going to resume again so what you have for the PS4 is what you are going to get.

Like the above poster mentioned, you really want the PC version as that is the only one that will be completed.

well thanks but my ps4 7dtd is Alpha 18 so it is up to date...

is it alright that I laugh at the guy who told Roland he's dumb? cuz its f****** hilarious...because, unless PS4 has an emulator that allows for 18.X to run on its (frankly inferior) specs, the guy literally said stfu to one of the most knowledgeable people that will ever reply to him

@SurvivalSkillz101

In all seriousness, the spear never was added to the PS4 version because Telltale games went out of business. At the time of their dissolution, there was an update being worked on that would have brought a few more features of A16 to the PS4 version but it was interrupted and the update never released. There have never been updates that include anything from A17 nor A18 for the PS4 version of the game. The reason I suggested using the shovel is that that is what a lot of people used for a spear-like weapon before the actual spear came along. The shovel with its longer reach and jabbing motion felt closer to a spear than any other weapon or tool in the game.

Now, in the future, I suggest creating threads regarding the PS4 in the console section because people here in the PC section of the forums are just going to tease you. I'm going to close this now as they are just piling on and you have the answer to your question: There are no spears in the PS4 version of the game. They only exist in the PC version of the game.

Archived