Do I need to start a new game for A18.4

Buttson

No, you dont need to restart anything. My game loaded just fine last nite. My stashes and crafting stations are intact. My skill points and perks too. Yet, i only play for a little hour, i didnt use more time to inspect everything 100%. But all seems ok to me.

I also don't have mods, my current game which I can't remember whether I started in 18.2 or 18.3.... probably 18.3 ... is still OK.

But I notice that a LOT of hitboxes are off now. Especially frustrating is the forge, workbench, and chem station. Also a bit of a pain is the Fridge you find in POIs for looting and some ceiling lights.

So my question is whether those would still be off if I started a new game!

But I notice that a LOT of hitboxes are off now. Especially frustrating is the forge, workbench, and chem station.

Interesting. I know it involves a different sort of hitbox, but I used an iron club for the first time ever in A18 in my A18.3 save after the update, and found I had far more trouble hitting zeds than I'd had when using the wooden club. It hadn't occurred to me it could be related to the update...

You never have to restart....unless you have to. :)

There will always be a bit of wonkiness when playing an old save on a new version but a lot of time it goes unnoticed or it isn't game-breaking. If you get weird results then usually the fix is restarting fresh with the new version.

Archived