That water purifier mod is the greatest invention since frozen pizza. But...

ElCabong

Well, i dont drink Murky Water even if i have the purifier on. You find plenty of water jars in cupboards, fridges and such. I also make Pure mineral water, i have like 6-7 stacks of 10 so far. Its not because its a zombie apocalypse that i'll let go my standards ☝️?

I often wondered about the murky water from toilets...I always thought it was just water from the toilet tank on back of the toilet, before it got to the toilet bowl. So it would be "murky" but not be pee water...just dont know why it is in jar already. Would be more sense to me if you could use the toilet to fill a few jars and somehow it refills over time from pressure on still intact water lines connected to it.

This would be nice, but I'd much rather see workstations get small "reservoirs" so recipes that require water don't cost you a jar.

You can mod the items.xml so when you "eat" them it gives you a jar back, but it'd kinda be nice if it did that by default. Not that jars are hard to get though, which is probably why it doesn't give one back when you eat the stuff. Then again.. canned food does give a can back so... yeah..

You can mod the items.xml so when you "eat" them it gives you a jar back

I did that in A17, but it's a dirty work-around IMO. I'd really like to see a universal solution where all crafting stations that might require water store it much like the forge stores smelting output. Assuming the forge hasn't changed since A17, I haven't encountered one yet in A18.

I don't really expect anything like that to ever be implemented by TFP, but AFAICT it can't be done with modlets so I'm not able to mod it in myself. :blue:

I run short of jars usually within the first three days but after that I have more than I can use. You can make them in a forge

In truth I can't remember the last time I ran short of jars. My problem with the way things work is largely an OCD-induced thing. :abnormal:

I simply got used to boiled water being 'the clean stuff' in previous alphas, so I still think of it that way. I have the water purifier mod, and I've never made mineral water, or any non-stamina drink really thanks to looting.

Interestingly, I avoided eating old sham sandwiches before the icon update, when the bread was actually green. Now they look palatable enough that I'll eat them in a pinch (mostly to free up inventory space), even though rationally the art doesn't matter.

Archived