which is better the iron crossbow or the compound crossbow?

ElCabong

Last game I went Agility the compound and iron crossbow had similar stats. Even after crafting like 6 of them in that play through it was never really that much better than the iron crossbow. Maybe I was just unlucky?

Faster fire rate due to faster reload time on the bow, makes it a little easier to use if you were close proximity with a roaming horde. Xbow you will have the issues with reloading and probably take on a few hits and get surrounded vs that same horde. Xbow good for sniping yes, good for 1st shot on sleepers + stealth bonuses, having said that I reckon the bow can 1 shot any sleeper with steel just like the xbow. Bow could be viable for a horde night (if specced deep into agility)+ headshots with iron arrows at least, xbow would be too slow I bet.

I reckon the bow can 1 shot any sleeper with steel

Heck, the wood bow can already one shot enough sleepers with stone and the stealth multiplier. Based on damage stats the primitive bow would too if only you could rely on it to hit the broad side of a barn...

Compound is better, it hits harder and reloads noticably faster than the iron crossbow does. Sadly unless its been fixed its also loud as a pistol shot for some weird reason, when it should be pratcially silent.

It seems to be fixed. It hasn't awakened every zombie in the place while stealthing through a level 5 POI like it used to .

Archived