Haven't play since A16, recommend mods?

I love 7d2d, played since I backed it over 7 years ago. I feel like I play this game once a year for a few weeks + repeat every year.

The last time I played was Alpha 16. I understand there's a lot of updates/content since then.

I see that Bandits haven't been fully implemented yet since they were introduced in Alpha 15. Which is understandable as its complex to program pathfinding on a voxel game. But I remember some mods were able to get them to work back in A15/16.

I really want to start a private server with just my friends and but mods with Bandits.

I'm out of touch with the current modding scene. Is there's any good overhaul mod at the moment that works in multiplayer?

Thanks!

Why not try it without mods first to see what you want to change/add?

I just did, I personally enjoy A18.4 but a group of friends wants to play with mods, a particular request is mod that adds bandits.

I'd reccomend playing vanilla a bit first, as a ton of stuff is different compared to a16, other than that maybe getting a UI or inv size mod (is a 60 and 96 slot modlet in the mods section, I use the 60 slot myself sometimes) mod of some sort might work for now. As for bandits, you don't want them, the mod added ones are basically aimbots if they use ranged weaponry, however the melee bandits are usually fine, but they honestly.. aren't much different than zombies.

I'd reccomend playing vanilla a bit first, as a ton of stuff is different compared to a16, other than that maybe getting a UI or inv size mod (is a 60 and 96 slot modlet in the mods section, I use the 60 slot myself sometimes) mod of some sort might work for now. As for bandits, you don't want them, the mod added ones are basically aimbots if they use ranged weaponry, however the melee bandits are usually fine, but they honestly.. aren't much different than zombies.

As read above, I'm already playing vanilla on my own playthrough. This is for my group of friend who wants to play with mods. I'm just looking for any recommended mods atm.

Hmm well, a 60 slot inv mod is nice and can change the game quite a bit, its really night and day how much those extra 15 slots do for gameplay. It also has a 96 slot version. Here's a link: it has a version with food+water on the ui and one without food+water on UI.

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/mods/130501-a18-bigger-backpack-mod-60-96-slot-versions-with-food-water-on-hud-available

If you really wanna change it up, I reccomend darkness fall's mod, its a complete overhaul, with new zombies, much harder horde nights, feral zombies are out and about on day 1 once night hits, some zombies buff others like football zombies always run and will let any other zombie near them run as well, Nurse does a aoe heal for zombies, cheerleader lets them jump higher. It also uses a16's learn by doing system for weapons, and mining tools, and athletics. Stats like str etc are completly gone in darkness falls. Instead you have classes, which can each learn special recipes only they can make, often things that are not lootable period. You CAN learn all classes by making blank class notes from scrapping schematics and other skill books u do not need. You can even turn skill notes into a generic +1 skill point book, which gives you a skill point you can spend anywhere like lving up. Its also has tons of new poi's, new weapons, some endgame things like the sci-fi bunkers, laser weaponry, and a huge research lab. I usually pick civilian as my first class, as it gets you bonus skill points, and better barter, and charmismatic nature, (which in DF also ups stuff in secret stash, and gets you a even further better deal at traders) and the skill for more rewards from quests, the class quest for civilian also gives you a made bicycle when you finish it. It even has a new radiated biome as well, with ways to prevent radiation (full hazmat suit, then powered armor that drops off the zombies in the rad zone). Warning: the rad zone is deadly, if u step 1 block into it without a full hazmat suit your dead, you get a 5000 second long debuff, that does health damage and ramps it up quickly, however: there are anti-rad med's which are made specifcally to cure this by the scientist class, it won't protect you from the radiation in there though so don't think u can pop the pill and then walk in, doesn't work that way lol.

Horde night in DF they zombies do not stop coming till 4 am hits, and you'll have stuff like zombie bears, and ferals on the first horde night.

However, with all the stuff DF adds you need a much beefier pc to run it, 8 gb of ram is not enough for a 8192 size map, it'll run but poorly. I had to actually upgrade my ram to make it run well.

Archived