Concrete bases are useless!!!

Biscoitoso

Hello.

I love build bases, but this new zombie, Demolitor, turned normal bases useless! I spent hours diging, mining, working, crafting, building, creating electrical net, getting batteries and more. And all my work and almost all base defenses are turned useless when demolitor come. Last time I tried defend my base, made of concrete and with tons of blade traps, it was disabled in seconds!

One detonation destroyed all my blades, iron spikes and electric fences, another one destroyed the ground and walls and the third one created a CRATER in front of my base.

Ok ok, now I need build bases made of steel, I get it, it is ok for me but... The steel is very very very expensive! On top of that the places where I mine steel are now huge caves even large than my base and most buildings. I created a system of mining and dont have problem with colapses, but the game now is very boring cause I cant stay in my base during horde nights unless I have a base made of steel. No more fun battling the zeds inside my base cause now they can turn it in a damn crater. Now I just take my 4x4 truck and hit the road until the night over.

I miss the old feeling of battling a hord inside my base.

Plz understand, I dont have any problem with damage at all, it is ok for me repair my base, rebuild a wall, doors and bars and replace some traps, but it is not ok for me if my concrete base with 3 walls is not a CRATER and my traps are all disabled in the first hour of the night. Now the game forces me build all of steel and use steel even on the ground around my base. But steel is VERY expensive and I need expent most of my time mining and building...

My suggestion to solve this problem is simple: turn steel blocks more cheap. Instead of 10 units to upgrade to steel, put it 5 units. Another thing to do is turn concrete blast resistence improved a little.

And before someone say: "You can reduce zombie damage to blocks in settings.": If I do that, the anothers zombies will never destroy a wall and it will turn the game very boring.

SORRY FOR BAD GRAMMAR, ENGLISH IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE! But serious, I really need share my feelings, I have 1700 hour of 7DTD and never felt so sad in this game.

Thank you for reading.

He’s spot on

sure, “fix it in settings”

hiw about fix fix the game that has raised millions of dollars?? Why has t a fix been put out already?

possibly my most favorite game ever but omg, some of the design choices and changes and the length of time between fixed and updates is really bizarre

yep, I know all about Early Access games as well - truly wish this game was updated, fixed, or even felt like those issues were “addressed “

Have you tried adapting to the new enemy? Make him explode before reaching the walls?

Cheers

The issue is its very easy to set them off by accident and once you do there is no way to stop the explosion. they'd be fine if they toned down the block damage, currently its a aoe 5000 block damage blast, that at close range WILL 1 shot reinforced concrete and greatly damage anything around it. Nerf the block damage for the explosion down to maybe 1000 or 1500 block damage, Entity damage leave it as it is, it should be fatal if your anywhere near those when they blow, they will still be a threat, but not a force that 1 screw up can negate hours of work making a base. Here is the xml stats for the demo zombie. It also has 1000 health and 60% damage resistance as well.

<!-- Gameplay -->

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandZombieDemolition"/>

<property name="JumpMaxDistance" value="1, 2"/>

<property name="PainResistPerHit" value=".5"/>

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="2"/>

<property name="Explosion.RadiusBlocks" value="5"/>

<property name="Explosion.RadiusEntities" value="6"/>

<property name="Explosion.BlockDamage" value="5000"/>

<property name="Explosion.EntityDamage" value="800"/>

<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.earth" value=".1"/>

<property name="StompsSpikes" value="true"/>

<property name="ExplodeDelay" value="2"/>

<property name="ExplodeHealthThreshold" value="0"/> <!-- Disable Health explosion -->

<property name="SoundExplodeWarn" value="demolitionzexplodewarning"/>

<property name="SoundTick" value="demolitionz_beep,.5,.9"/>

The only defenses I can see vs this zombie is: build a wall 7 blocks away from your base as a first line of defense, set it up so the zombies will go to a choke point, with a nail gun you can heal the wall faster than most zombies can damage it, while you kill them. Or explode them before they reach your walls is another strat. These 2 are about the only things I can think of, as I heard electric fence poles can set off the explosion somehow, and they stomp spikes which means they take 0 damage and just destory them on contact.

The issue is its very easy to set them off by accident and once you do there is no way to stop the explosion. they'd be fine if they toned down the block damage, currently its a aoe 5000 block damage blast, that at close range WILL 1 shot reinforced concrete and greatly damage anything around it. Nerf the block damage for the explosion down to maybe 1000 or 1500 block damage, Entity damage leave it as it is, it should be fatal if your anywhere near those when they blow, they will still be a threat, but not a force that 1 screw up can negate hours of work making a base. Here is the xml stats for the demo zombie. It also has 1000 health and 60% damage resistance as well.

<!-- Gameplay -->

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandZombieDemolition"/>

<property name="JumpMaxDistance" value="1, 2"/>

<property name="PainResistPerHit" value=".5"/>

<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="2"/>

<property name="Explosion.RadiusBlocks" value="5"/>

<property name="Explosion.RadiusEntities" value="6"/>

<property name="Explosion.BlockDamage" value="5000"/>

<property name="Explosion.EntityDamage" value="800"/>

<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.earth" value=".1"/>

<property name="StompsSpikes" value="true"/>

<property name="ExplodeDelay" value="2"/>

<property name="ExplodeHealthThreshold" value="0"/> <!-- Disable Health explosion -->

<property name="SoundExplodeWarn" value="demolitionzexplodewarning"/>

<property name="SoundTick" value="demolitionz_beep,.5,.9"/>

The only defenses I can see vs this zombie is: build a wall 7 blocks away from your base as a first line of defense, set it up so the zombies will go to a choke point, with a nail gun you can heal the wall faster than most zombies can damage it, while you kill them. Or explode them before they reach your walls is another strat. These 2 are about the only things I can think of, as I heard electric fence poles can set off the explosion somehow, and they stomp spikes which means they take 0 damage and just destory them on contact.

This damn zed make base defenses useles, if he explode he destroy any blade traps and defenses. U need build steel base with costs a looooooooooot and a loooooooooot of hours working. All my night horde now I stay inside my 4x4 and run. No more fun. I am building a super new base, lets see if it will work. 100 hour of work and not done yet.

Have you tried adapting to the new enemy? Make him explode before reaching the walls?

Cheers

Dude, imagine this: You are shoting a horde of zeds in ur wall then u dont see this guy coming before it is too late, how can i explode him without destroyind my base now?

Dude, imagine this: You are shoting a horde of zeds in ur wall then u dont see this guy coming before it is too late, how can i explode him without destroyind my base now?

Well one way is leave the base, and run away on foot, then kill the demo, and then run back into base. As the zombies GPS to you on horde night, and you can run faster than the zombies it works. Even better if you use a vehicle to get some distance, then kill demo zombie, then ride back and get back into position at base. Its pretty much the only way I can see to do it if its already at the wall, as traps, zombies, or you can set off its explosion switch if you or they hit it. The run away and lure it away thing is probably what I'd do myself when encountering them.

well, Demo's are immune to spikes, so the spikes are just stepping stones to him, and blade traps are best used at head height for him, so his button is untouched...I tend to have a tower built above my base just for sighting "Trouble Units" aka Demo's and cops...I pop up there every minute or so for a second to see if any undesirable enemies have entered my maze (double thick reinforced or steel walls, a real pain to design as it takes soooo much room to make it) and I target them with a marksmen or hunting rifle with AP rounds (used ONLY for this reason)...its not an elegant solution, but it works for me

As a suggestion: Try adding this line to the list of properties in the zombiedemolish section of entityclasses.xml

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="0.2, 0.5"/>

That should make them be walkers and give you more time to target them before they get too close. That might be all you need when there are multiple demolishers coming.

As a suggestion: Try adding this line to the list of properties in the zombiedemolish section of entityclasses.xml

<property name="MoveSpeedAggro" value="0.2, 0.5"/>

That should make them be walkers and give you more time to target them before they get too close. That might be all you need when there are multiple demolishers coming.

Should make that a vanilla thing, they can only walk on account of their heavy armor, would also balance them nicely. I assume that makes them slow down once they see the player?

Erh.. while I agree that the demos are "off the mark" in comparison to everything else in the game, as in, too volatile, quite powerful, and too numerous in later gamestages, the tone of the thread is too defeatist.

They're not THAT bad, you'll just need essentially two things. Firepower and redundancy. The current demo you can mow down with an M60 before it pops, esp if you start with aiming at the head so you'll get some damage in before the beep. Anything other than a shotgun works all right, AP rounds and Penetrator perk help a ton. Shotty, get slugs and aim high..

Redundacy; build your combat positions so that you have several usable spots, separated so that they can't compromise one another and just swap when you lose one.

For the standard zeds in hordes, you'll need roughly 8 "concrete or up" blocks per combat position (literally a 2x3 wall keeps you *pretty* safe, minding the spitters). Anything more is convenience. Don't get me wrong, I build convenient if I build something, but the only actually important structural part of your base are the two blocks at "height two" holding your safe space off the ground. So for the 144 blocks of the standard "6 high 7x7 tower ala Kage848" you can alternatively build half a dozen safe, small and redundant fighting positions. They'll leave you close to the zeds, but at least you don't have to aim ... :)

Yea the demos basically killed our server a couple months ago. We didnt have a lot of players but we had enough to keep us all entertained. But nobody could build a base that would last against the demos, they all kept getting completely wrecked every single horde night and take a day or two of real time to build up again, even requiring skipping horde nights in order to get them ready. Only for them to be completely wrecked again. We tried to make changes to lessen the damage but by then the players just stopped showing up. I was the last player barely getting a base together that would last through horde night for the most part but the players were done with it and moved on to other games. All said the same thing about the demos ,"too much" hassle.

A couple of us are hoping to get some interest back in the game when bandits are introduced, but thats a ways away. Everybody is playing other games in the meantime.

I would suggest just turning demos off, they are not likely to be changed by the devs since they like the extra challenge of fighting them bare knuckle in the street or whatever.

He's right in that demos are hugely overpowered, no matter the rest.

I also wish they would add more xstandard zombie instead of a bulk of magic zombies with weird abilities. I hald expect convertible zombies next, which can turn into dinosaurs or gas stations zombies turning into acid fluid. I'd appreciate more standard zombies instead of a league of dead weirdos, but that's only my 2 cents.

Upgrade them to steel, if I'm not mistaken, that effectively gives the blocks 12k HP. 7k from steel, then they downgrade to 5k reinforced.

That's good enough for 2 demos & then some. And like Laz said, it's pretty quick to lay them out with AP 7.62 or AP 9mm.

Aim for the head or back if you wanna be safe, or if you don't want to risk it at all, don't shoot them unless their back is turned to you

If you want to build a base to beat them, you have to adjust to the challenges. First, never use blade traps, they do hit the button. Dart traps are fine though. For me, the goal is to never hit the button, but that’s just how my bases are designed. I feel like this is the easiest strategy to deal with them.

I have a base I created on a multi-player server, link below. It worked very well for several blood moons with no issues. I have very few repairs to deal with. The main upkeep are darts, which is just iron & clay.

Enjoy!

If you want to build a base to beat them, you have to adjust to the challenges. First, never use blade traps, they do hit the button. Dart traps are fine though. For me, the goal is to never hit the button, but that’s just how my bases are designed. I feel like this is the easiest strategy to deal with them.

I have a base I created on a multi-player server, link below. It worked very well for several blood moons with no issues. I have very few repairs to deal with. The main upkeep are darts, which is just iron & clay.

Enjoy!

That is one very nice compact base. Great job! I love the 4 way dart trap chamber of death i cant imagine much getting through that. Bravo!

That is one very nice compact base. Great job! I love the 4 way dart trap chamber of death i cant imagine much getting through that. Bravo!

Thanks! It took me a while to get this one in action!

It’s actually a 5 way. There are dart traps on top, controlled by trigger plates. It really is a chamber of death that piles up the zombies!

Thanks! It took me a while to get this one in action!

It’s actually a 5 way. There are dart traps on top, controlled by trigger plates. It really is a chamber of death that piles up the zombies!

Haha, nice. I was going to recommend a ceiling dart trap looks like you already considered that...?

Super efficient build. Only downside is its dart ammo heavy.

Should make that a vanilla thing, they can only walk on account of their heavy armor, would also balance them nicely. I assume that makes them slow down once they see the player?

As I said, it is my actual strategy, hit on the road, and it is not fun.

Not like I said that in experimental or anything... :rolleyes:

Serious? If u dont tell me I have never know!

This is a 7DTD right? And is that a place for comment about the game right? So the developers can read and know what is going on right?

Guys, my point is: The demolitors turned concrete, spikes and blade traps useless! It is very unbalanced. I am talking about it in the forum not just to take help from you, but to show to the developers they need do something about this.

Anyway, thanks all for attention and hints. I will consider that.

That was my base, full of blade traps, spikes and electric fences even smg turrets.

1459822148_wrecked04.jpg.528203ee77679adcd366e1dfbb25129a.jpg

702861539_wrecked03.jpg.92362bdc7cc85b8ac9c69b4edf16e48c.jpg

1793967547_wrecked01.jpg.4c723a64792c744e526469d4959f54f8.jpg

886203129_wrecked02.jpg.f5d6c130ad891c8b9247b2fbbe71d8ad.jpg

Archived