Fist main base ideas

Synvastian

any ideas out there for a good base design , based on being unable to do body damage (my headshot mod ups Headshot damage 200% but reduces body damage to 25%, so hitting anyone in the gut is useless) and I'd prefer to use melee as much as possible (until horde 5-6 at least) at which point it'll be shotty and machine gunners job, or clever base design....

TLDR: Anyone have a melee base idea for fist combat based on doing only headshots? (and be willing to share =P )

Want some extra cheese with that? :)

Basic cheeseless idea would be to make a standard tower bottom, remove the second layer blocks other than the corners, and maybe add some supports inside. Beat them where they show up.

Split the inside are into separate areas (think 4, but any number will do). For redundancy.

Adjust the inside/outside floor height if you can't get all the heads.

Adding a little safety cheese could be to add a pole horizontally on the second layer, and use a half block as the bottom one. And to add another layer of poles on the "outside", but that's just high fat. As in, safe and effective.

Adding strategic doors gets you location control cheese.

I won't go any cheesier for now ... :)

I ended up building a long corridor at ground level with a roof, dug a 3 deep trench all the way around with stairs to the entrance....and made the hallway have hatches every space available floor space...so I open 1 which blocks them, and a second which keeps me far enough away, but close enough to melee, and if they break hatch 1, I run behind hatch 3 while 2 hold em...repeat up to 8 times (8 hatches, T2 wood for now, saving iron for eventual steel lol)

PS: I gotta say, running a drunken Pugilists build, while only able to kill with headshots...rocks...its tough in POI's and on foot (always run, warrior) but horde night isn't too bad as long as I can keep them funneled where I can reach, until its all radiated's and Demo's start showing at least

Check out Jahwoodle's Youtube channel, he has a bunch of bases designed for boxing.

actually did that right before I made my base, although I didn't like raising it off the ground, so I adapted by making trenches filled with spikes...my next iteration of this base will probably have an SMG turret (traders are lifesavers, especially since I love questing) facing the opening (narrow the FOV of them so they don't hit approaching foes AKA big-mean-and-glowing-button) and have them wipe some out as they enter my boxing funnel

So you wanted ALL the cheese? :) Would've suggested such a hatch line, I'd say it's among the safest, but that's just a little too creative for me..

You might be able to make a similar hatch thing where you're hitting from the side, across an empty gap - so the zeds are running sideways past you, not ever trying to break a block that you'd care about.. haven't tried but might work. Using a slanted floor can allow some of ragdolls to fall off, perhaps lessening the load a little.

If you're adding a turret, have it at the entrance pointing inwards.. as they don't shoot you it's perfectly safe (and silly :) ), and they get a decent amount of headshots as the zeds run below. May pop an unlucky demo once in a while, so have an exit plan .. :)

oh yeah they do, unfortunately Cops and Demos wreak hatch lines from afar (my new design is pretty much hatch lines around corners 90Degrees from each other....takes a bit of forethought to make sure I don't get diggers through the walls, though so far its working out

Archived