things are really like

ElCabong

Every house, every business is a dungeon. This takes me back to what got me into computer gaming, a game called adventure. It was nothing but text. It eventually got banned at work because too many people had it and it was taking up too much disk space, lol. I never get tired of a dungeon crawl.

There's enough variation that each new game is different. I also play them a little different and I never get tired of it. The perk system lets me customize the character I want and is a great part of making a new game different. I don't think I could possibly do all the different ways you can play the game.

The upfront controls at creation lets you tailor the game to be what you want. The only thing that I think is missing there used to be an option for no zombies.

There is always some issues. Still kind of miss A7. Not much

The only thing that I think is missing that used to be there is no zombies.

Sounds like it's time for you to get into modlets! Specifically, one teeny tiny little modlet that will increase zombie spawns. It completely transforms the vanilla game. In my co-op game we now have to keep our heads on swivels 'cause the zombies will come from all around. We had a treasure dig quest out in the boonies and had to spend the first 10 minutes fighting off wandering zombies and we still got interrupted in our digging by a couple more. That was before the insta-spawn congratulations party that you get when finding the treasure. Exploring POIs now we often get zombies homing in on us from the outside.

DO EEET! You will not regret it. I can 'splain in detail if you want to DIY, otherwise there are probably a dozen modlets in the mods forum that do this sort of thing.

Sounds like it's time for you to get into modlets! Specifically, one teeny tiny little modlet that will increase zombie spawns. It completely transforms the vanilla game. In my co-op game we now have to keep our heads on swivels 'cause the zombies will come from all around. We had a treasure dig quest out in the boonies and had to spend the first 10 minutes fighting off wandering zombies and we still got interrupted in our digging by a couple more. That was before the insta-spawn congratulations party that you get when finding the treasure. Exploring POIs now we often get zombies homing in on us from the outside.

DO EEET! You will not regret it. I can 'splain in detail if you want to DIY, otherwise there are probably a dozen modlets in the mods forum that do this sort of thing.

Cant we just modify xml values in the game files to increase the spawn rate?

Cant we just modify xml values in the game files to increase the spawn rate?

You can do that but then you have to make the changes again with every update. A modlet is more permanent because it is not overwritten by an update.

You can't increase the number of random biome spawns without editing the XML (at least not yet; fingers crossed this makes it into a game settings slider). As RipClaw said you can do it manually if you want, but you have to redo it with each game update. If you want to go that way, open spawning.xml and look for these lines:

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

You will find several for each biome. Change them as follows.

[TABLE=border: 1, cellpadding: 3, width: 90%]

[TR]

[TD]Attribute[/TD]

[TD]Meaning[/TD]

[TD]Note[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]maxcount[/TD]

[TD]Max zombies that will spawn in a spawn area (seems to be a couple/few city blocks in size)[/TD]

[TD]Start by setting this to 2x its default value for each biome and day/night setting and see if your system can handle it. Increase until you're happy or until your system lags. Setting normal daytime zombie spawns to 4 will be a very noticeable increase; don't go crazy.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]respawndelay[/TD]

[TD]Time, in game days, before zombies in a spawn area will respawn[/TD]

[TD]Reduce this to 1 to have zombies respawn every day. Decimal values will work here so set to 0.5 if you want zombies respawning every 12 in-game hours.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

There are lines for animals in there too, so if you want more meat from deer or bears, you can increase their spawns also.

Archived