What Biome Do You Prefer To Set Up Your Bases?

Theodryck

There's another thread where the question was posed as to what items you like to loot early in the game. That got me thinking; what biomes do you like to set up shop in? As for me, I make for the green biome as fast as I can. I find that it has several advantages for all game stages. On most of the maps it's centrally located (at least on mine) and there's resources aplenty. Plus there's no heat/cold penalties.

I've heard some people actually prefer the snow biome and once someone told me they liked the desert biome best. I'm sure each biome has it's benefits, Although I couldn't really see using the burned forest or wasteland as serious choices unless you absolutely had to.

So what biome(s) do you prefer?

Forest. Can't stand wasteland and burnt forest. Only go to snow for easy water early on. Only go to desert for shale. Really miss the plains. So as far as vanilla RWG, much of the map is unused. Really need a RWG overhall. At least there is Nitrogen.

Wasteland in early game. There's no advantage in singleplayer but in multiplayer the density of players is fairly low there. In late game I usually move to the ocean next to a desert because I prefer remote places and the desert biome has the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises.

Being in the Forrest biome with my horde base saves me from having to spend valuable armor slots on Cooling Mesh or insulating Mods.

So I take on the horde in the forrest biome.

For my home base initally wherever I am. Once I've explored the map I will carefully pick a spot where IDEALLY I have forrest, snow and desert coming together.

I have two sets of armor and gear. One set is kitted out with Storage pockets and isolating mods, with clothing that gives me protection from heat. This is great for exploring as I can carry all the loot and run around in snow and desert without worrying about temperatures.

The other set is kitted with Fittings mods and better protection mods (banded mail and so on). That is meant for horde night as well as taking on the level 5 POIs.

I think the forrest biome is the prettiest of them all. It is my favourite for watching sunrise.

Other than mining for shale, I really don't go to the desert much at all. Sure, there's the city on the Navezgane map, but there are so many other places to loot and you can get nearly every resource you need in/around just the green biome. That's not to say I don't explore the other biomes, because that's a huge part of the fun, but as far as resource gathering and looting, they aren't nearly as convenient.

We run Nitrogen maps. We have it set for 5 landclaim blocks. We have made it very difficult to even venture into the wasteland and the burnt biome isn't much safer until later game stages. With that stated, I tend to start in the forest near a city and a trader to start. Once I have a base that I am happy with, I will usually setup more bases in the corners of the map and just look for a place that looks unique. I have yet to build a base in the wasteland, despite having nearly 6K hours in the game...Maybe on the next map.

Forest biome is my usual holdout spot on Navezgane, simply because it has the nicest average temperature. On random servers I tend to set up in the first nice-looking spot I find regardless of biome, though I tend to avoid setting up in snowy areas unless I can't find any water or luck into some really nice cold-weather gear early on.

Archived