does the game try to anticipate what you need and give it to you?

ElCabong

I was looking all over the place for a cement mixer. I looted just enough cement mix to start work on my horde base and had a devil of a time finding one. I know, I couldn't find it because I was looking for it. Don't have this problem when I'm not looking for it.

The traider had one for sale. It took almost all of my money but I got it. Was this just coincidence?

I feel better because I had no idea how it could figure out I was looking for a cement mixer.

It is the next stage of game code evolution. As long as you are wearing headphones the game can read your mind.

I've experienced both - finding exactly what I want and totally never finding it. For example the recipe for potato seeds! I just eventually had a full garden from looting the actual seeds - which took many in-game weeks - before I got the recipie which was by then mostly redundant.

But on this topic I had such a good chuckle at this person's video of when he found a bunch of things she wanted all on the same day

I've experienced both - finding exactly what I want and totally never finding it.

Happened to me, in a way. I had one game where i couldnt find a beaker, for the life of me. I have 30 hours so far on this one, and i still didnt find that damn beaker, nor did i find a functional chem station (that isnt 62,4 km from my hideout).

On another game i started recently, i swear im finding a beaker every time im on a loot run. Every freaking time. I have a dozen of them or +, i think? It crossed my mind that i could throw them at horde zombies and pass through the night safe and sound. I barely have 10-12 hours on this save. ??‍♂️

Archived