Life Imitating Art?

OzHawkeye

it has reached 6k deaths, and will likely claim quite a few more...

Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year.

this is a current figure, and COVID-19 is WORSE than the flu for mortality, especially with no vaccine (for at least a year according to the WHO and CDC)

so yeah, this sickness in no joke, take care everyone, remember 20 second hand washes, if you can avoid crowds, do please, and if you feel sick, take a day and self evaluate

your friend who wants you to stay healthy

~Syn

PS/Edit: man that paper is creepy, totally would love to see random newspapers as legible in 7dtd touting the after effects of the "event"

if UK don't change strategy only there the death toll could be much bigger than that

i'm italian, we are in lockdown from a week already, but the situation is yet problematic

we are facing at least another month of emergency imho

it's not life threathening if you're young and healthy, but you can spread the virus even if you are asintomatic and if someone who has health problems catch it is very dangerous

Imperial College London release a (not peer-reviewed yet) study which games out different approaches to COVID-19 for the UK and the US. It is...sobering. If you watch the US news you may have noticed a pretty dramatic shift in tone over the last 24 hours. This study was apparently forwarded to the White House this weekend. The key takeaway for me, as a lucky-to-be-working-from-home person is, it's going to be weeks, maybe months of this. My company, thankfully, is taking it seriously and trying to get as many people WFH as possible.

Caution: dense medical journal language ahead.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

ETA: Easier to digest CNN story: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/healt...udy/index.html

Archived