Loot on insane at 25%, where's the loot?

SavagE

Well I play the game on insane and at 25% loot drop and every other most difficult setting and I'm happy with the scarcity of loot, makes it fun for me, but I don't think you have sensible % loot chance at stores. I scoured from top to bottom 3 pop-a-pills in a row and didn't find one single antibiotic. I went to what... over 80 pill cases and not one antibiotic?? Even on 25%, at an antibiotic store, don't you think that's a bit silly? I can understand low loot out in the world but in the places which stock and sell an item don't you think the chances should be higher? (Don't even get me started on unopened boxes that are empty... did the store order boxes of air from the manufacturer? Maybe most boxes should be opened and the unopened ones definitely have loot. I can suspend reality but not lunacy. :p)

I think you need a probability bonus to drop % for certain items based on location. Anyway, just a suggestion. It's your world, I just live in it. Thy will be done.

Thanks for listening.

I can understand low loot out in the world but in the places which stock and sell an item don't you think the chances should be higher?

i think we’ve learned from recent events that it would be lower. I have 0% chance of finding toilet paper at even a Super Walmart today but if I raided the right house I’d have a higher chance.

fir game purposes I agree with you that a huge pharmacy in the game should have one antibiotic in it but it is interesting that in real life the places that normally stock things that people during an outbreak might want to horde aren’t going to have any of it.

Soo it sounds like you want super scarce loot overall but want guaranteed loot at some locations?

cant have your cake and eat it too now....lol

This sounds similar to those who play the game on insane difficulty and complain about demolishers wrecking their bases...

As someone mentioned, not sure if antibiotics are game stage in loot or not. If it is, your going to be hard pressed to find some until you lvl up.

Gonna have to say it looks a little silly to turn loot all the way down then complain about not finding any loot. Plus, as Roland mentioned, emergencies do really strange things to supply and availability. Maybe panicky shoppers already cleaned out that pharmacy.

not sure if antibiotics are game stage in loot or not. If it is, your going to be hard pressed to find some until you lvl up.

They are not, from what I can see in loot.xml, except insofar as certain zombies (e.g. football player) who have loot group 'rareMedicine' in their drop list won't show up until GS goes up. But rareMedicine shows up in the generic zombie drop loot as well, so in the rare cases where any zombie drops a bag, it might be in there.

For some lootable objects (medicine cabinets, medical loot piles, etc.) rareMedicine is part of the loot group 'medicine' with equal probability (apparently) with the other items. That is, it's equally likely for you to get a bandage as to get an RNG choice from the rareMedicine group.

For airdrops, there is a special 'airdropMedicine' loot group which includes antibiotics as a possibility. From what I can tell, getting a choice from that group is the same probability as getting, say, 3-5 canned food in an airdrop. Each airdrop seems to take 4 tries at the RNG when filling out its loot list, so 4 chances to hit the medicine group (which itself only gives a chance of coughing up antibiotics).

None of the above has any GS modifier that I can see.

They are not, from what I can see in loot.xml, except insofar as certain zombies (e.g. football player) who have loot group 'rareMedicine' in their drop list won't show up until GS goes up...

This is deprecated. The ZombieFootballPlayer loot group isn't used anywhere. The zombies themselves don't have loot anymore, and they can drop one of two kinds of bags, which amount to 'generic good loot' and 'generic better loot'.

This is terrible, because targeting football players when you wanted things a football player is likely to carry was awesome. I am working to update ComSenMod to restore this functionality. :)

Feathers on day #1 is an issue though.

-Morloc

I found this out recently, now when you destroy a nest you usually get two feathers and some cloth. So now you can always complete the starter quests immediately.

Gonna have to say it looks a little silly to turn loot all the way down then complain about not finding any loot. Plus, as Roland mentioned, emergencies do really strange things to supply and availability. Maybe panicky shoppers already cleaned out that pharmacy.

Do you even read what I wrote before reacting?? You missed the point i was making . I said "I'm happy with the scarcity of loot" but my suggestion was in shops which are for specific items, make the probability of finding those items a higher % chance. Even on 25% looting three pharmacies and not getting a single antibiotic makes no sense in my opinion. Maybe in stores have a unique box or shelf that has a higher % chance for that item.

And the second part of my comment was unopened boxes by definition have not been looted yet and should always contain items. As i said, did the store order a box of air? It was more of a cosmetic comment, as in make most boxes opened and unopened boxes should have loot or it makes no sense.

Maybe in stores have a unique box or shelf that has a higher % chance for that item.

The chances of finding something are tied to the container. The pillboxes in the Pop'n Pills have a significantly higher chance of medical loot compared to other containers. However, antibiotics are rare even in the pillboxes and with loot at 25% you need to be very lucky to find antibiotics. Even at a 100% you will only find a few antibiotics in a Pop'n Pills.

Do you even read what I wrote before reacting?? You missed the point i was making . I said "I'm happy with the scarcity of loot" but my suggestion was in shops which are for specific items, make the probability of finding those items a higher % chance. Even on 25% looting three pharmacies and not getting a single antibiotic makes no sense in my opinion. Maybe in stores have a unique box or shelf that has a higher % chance for that item.

And the second part of my comment was unopened boxes by definition have not been looted yet and should always contain items. As i said, did the store order a box of air? It was more of a cosmetic comment, as in make most boxes opened and unopened boxes should have loot or it makes no sense.

I believe empty boxes are supposed to be an abstract that the player found nothing useful inside. However, I can empathize why your immersion alarm is ringing...It also does take away some of the exciting of opening a sealed item to find....nothing...?

Even if the devs dont change this, I think players can mod sealed containers to address this...probably an easy fix modlet.

Snip...

so...you want loot to be reduced...but always find loot in containers marked as unopened? please, elaborate why you lowered the loot amount in the first place if you want something in every box...

I believe empty boxes are supposed to be an abstract that the player found nothing useful inside. However, I can empathize why your immersion alarm is ringing...It also does take away some of the exciting of opening a sealed item to find....nothing...?

I tend to see it this way too, as an abstraction. Just because a box is sealed doesn't mean it contains things that are useful or fresh - A sealed box of food might have gone off, been infested by bugs, or had rats get into it, rendering it inedible or already eaten. A sealed box of medicine or untouched pill rack may contain medications that could be dangerous or may treat conditions you don't have, and besides, what regular person knows what a bottle of chlorthalidone pills even does without having to look it up? A box from a hardware store or auto shop might include such finds as plastic funnels or seat belt extenders.

I can empathize why your immersion alarm is ringing...

Yes, I guess that's what my problem is, immersion is a real factor in why I play this game. It's also why I only give myself one life, if I die i have to start a new game map .It sounds crazy but it gives your one life great value and you really feel the fear when you're running for your life. It makes you genuinely fearful and makes the game genuinely thrilling. It also gives you a meaningful target. I try to make it to 100 days with one life. There is no other meaningful objective in a "survival" game where you can just respawn. It's also why I'm so pissed at the lack of anitbiotics. If I get infected and cannot find anything anywhere to help me, game over. I usually can level the skill and find the recipe to make them in time.

Just because a box is sealed doesn't mean it contains things that are useful or fresh - A sealed box of food might have gone off, been infested by bugs, or had rats get into it, rendering it inedible or already eaten. A sealed box of medicine or untouched pill rack may contain medications that could be dangerous or may treat conditions you don't have, and besides, what regular person knows what a bottle of chlorthalidone pills even does without having to look it up? A box from a hardware store or auto shop might include such finds as plastic funnels or seat belt extenders.

See that's brilliant and immersion friendly. It's sensible, logical and reasonable. I hope the Fun Pimps are listening.

Yes, I guess that's what my problem is, immersion is a real factor in why I play this game. It's also why I only give myself one life, if I die i have to start a new game map .It sounds crazy but it gives your one life great value and you really feel the fear when you're running for your life. It makes you genuinely fearful and makes the game genuinely thrilling. It also gives you a meaningful target. I try to make it to 100 days with one life. There is no other meaningful objective in a "survival" game where you can just respawn. It's also why I'm so pissed at the lack of anitbiotics. If I get infected and cannot find anything anywhere to help me, game over. I usually can level the skill and find the recipe to make them in time.

Out of curiosity were you already aware of honey harvestable from tree stumps? May help tide you over if you weren't aware...:)

Archived