Mod Ideas

maple13

Probably :)

This may already exist to sort of do what you want (and I've seen "oil pumps" modlets that are around somewhere, so there's a way to passively "mine" things):

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...and-excavators

It may be fairly easy to either mod this to excavate the normal ores and stone (don't steal it, of course, like mod it for your own use), or maybe if you asked the mod maker nicely he may either add it or tell you what parts to change (or if it's do-able to mod it yourself)

I hardly ever mine, you can buy a lot of stuff from the trader. Once I have an auger, I go for these stone, cobblestone and cement piles in prefabs. And automated mining machine as a reward for level six quests (no, they do not yet exist) would be great, so you can think big in the very late game.

For some reason I didn't think of this: It might be really easy to mod the auger itself to have a LOT of gas, and literally destroy blocks with 1 hit. It would be manual mining, and not "excavating" with a passive tool or something you can get in and drive, but if you're trying not to sink time into mining this may be the easiest way to get all the ores, short of turning "creative mode" on and just giving stacks of them to yourself.

Q5-6 Auger with bunker buster, iron breaker and a gas can mod, while having the full mining book set (20% chance to One Shot ores) makes digging a snap....takes a while to get unless you 200% loot book locations (I sometimes play 200% for the first day, then imagine that I slept and a scavenging group passed through and took most of everything {reducing to 50%}) RP is fun for me =P

Don't think it could gather ores but this did remind me of a vid I saw long ago of a loader/excavator someone had made for quickly leveling land. It was awesome. Wish I had a link to it. Maybe it could have been modded to be used in mining.

Does anyone have a Toilet Paper loot mod?

At least I could look at and pretend I'm touching it even.

Ideally have a huge store that has mountains of toilet paper.

Guarded by 666 Big Moma's that will instantly turn feral the second you touch one roll.

I was sure there would be a thread on toilet paper, but someone stole that too! :D

Archived