Really fun session

Tahaan

Lately I grind a lot. Most days are spent purposefully mining or looting for something specific. It gets boring.

But I decided to spend a day "salvaging" parts from cars over in the wasteland. So I took the gyro out there with the motorbike in my inventory and then switched vehicles. I was a bit worried about this initially because it would not be as efficient and I might not have enough ammo for the next horde.

What made it interesting and fun was the variety of scenery, the jump-scares by the dogs, the wandering hordes and odd lost zombie that doesn't realise that it has no chance against me.

I found a little piece of a bridge with a car on top. There was no way up other than by builing a stack of frames, and of course there was a shopping up trolley too! Who came up with that! It's amazing!

I came home with 2 full stacks of mechanical parts, 4 full stacks of fuel, 2 full stacks of iron, 5 full stakcs of radiators, and heaps and heaps of other resources, easily worth 30k in dukes, maybe even 35k. I do use 120 minute days, and a bigger backpack mod, which helps! All in all the day was way more productive than I expected. It is a pity cars isn't a renewable resource.

So this was a more fun than average session!

I'm on day 102 and desperately searching for the recog recipe as well as the final volume of pistol pete so that I can craft 9mm ammo in stacks. I have run through the Crack-a-book in my city so many times. But still the biggest city on the map is mostly un-explored. In fact most of the small PoIs in my own city are still un-explored!

Every time I go into a new building I smile because of how interesting it is! I just wish I had more time for R&R (i.e looting random little PoIs without being worried that I'm not being as efficient as I can be)

Thank you to TFP for a game that just keeps on giving!

Glad you're having fun but if you are on day 102 I think you can relax on the efficiency worries and just do whatever you want. You have already won. :)

Perhaps I am playing it wrong. It is the first time I play a game with any kind of seriousness in over 20 years. But I still find it hard!

As long as you resist the temptation to min/max everything in the game you will have more fun. ?

I fully agree with this. In a way knowing things about the mechanics spoils some of the fun. But where do you draw the line? I guess it is a personal thing for every individualplayer.

I'm sure you're playing correctly. I just don't think you should be worried whether one action is less efficient than another. If you want to explore some POI's then do it. :)

I die a lot. I connect to servers (rarely, but I do) and see other players level 60-70-80 with zero deaths... And I think HOW DO THEY DO IT!?I usually die 3 times in the first 2 days!

it's only experience, after hundreds or even thousand of hours you came to know every false ceiling or floor, every zombie closet and almost every tactics that can minimize the risk of death

almost, because even after 2500 h every now and then i learn something new

In a way knowing things about the mechanics spoils some of the fun. But where do you draw the line? I guess it is a personal thing for every individualplayer.

that's true, for me it's spoiling the AI, i.e. wedge wall or infinite loop base, someone else didn't use trader er. etc.

you draw the line when your fun end

I die a lot. I connect to servers (rarely, but I do) and see other players level 60-70-80 with zero deaths... And I think HOW DO THEY DO IT!?I usually die 3 times in the first 2 days!

Zero death / iron man mode is a fun challenge to attempt. In My SP game, I think I'm on day 65, zero deaths, 60 minute days, adventurer difficulty. Horde every 7 days. Lvl 60 to 70....

I'm going through my fifth or sixth playthrough and I've enjoyed them all. This one I like the best because I found a small lake with a fairly flat promontory that built my base on. I'm going for all Glass Walls so it's kind of slow building because I have to mine the lead then dig the sand and make glass.

I'm going through my fifth or sixth playthrough and I've enjoyed them all. This one I like the best because I found a small lake with a fairly flat promontory that built my base on. I'm going for all Glass Walls so it's kind of slow building because I have to mine the lead then dig the sand and make glass.

Sounds awesome! Share links to screenshots!

Archived