Forum display options?!?

Cadamier

So... Is there no way to change how these forms look now?!?

At night and in the dark, its fine but in broad daylight... It sucks! Not to mention that there are people whom seemingly and deliberately post dark texts. I prefer a high contrasting text vs. background... So I don't have to put any effort into reading stuff. But without any choice now... It bites the big one.

The guys are working on a new forum engine since vBulliten is sucking balls. Once they have it all configured they way they want it and made nice and pretty, we'll be switching. As a result, this default junk will be going away, so we don't need to worry about it much. It's just temporary.

Update: The database is too large to be able to migrate it so all posts (other than the modding forum and the announcement forum) from more than 2-3 years old will be pruned. I'm not sure whether this will affect post counts but then again I'm not sure whether post counts will live through the change over anyway. (Might be the only way to catch up with Guppy)...

Update: The database is too large to be able to migrate it so all posts (other than the modding forum and the announcement forum) from more than 2-3 years old will be pruned. I'm not sure whether this will affect post counts but then again I'm not sure whether post counts will live through the change over anyway. (Might be the only way to catch up with Guppy)...

No post counts usually won't survive the migration.

BTW, what the hell with the color scheme now?

Update: We are systematically deleting all threads from 2017 and before in order to shrink the size of the database. This will affect reputation and post counts and make some of us look like we actually have a life outside the forums. This may upset some understandably and we apologize for the loss. It is unavoidable as we prepare to upgrade.

If I may, I have a relevant question to the forum display options in that the fonts are very small read and if we could have 3 options: small/medium/large?

I know the font sizes are set by the poster, however, there are a lot of threads from 2018/2019 that didn't scale too well with the sexy new forum theme.

P.S. Roland, since you said "all threads" please consider archiving these legacy mod threads as not every mod was uploaded to Nexus or available on GH. On that note, what about mega mod threads where the original post started before 2017 but was simply updated with each major revision and continues to be active to this day?

If I may, I have a relevant question to the forum display options in that the fonts are very small read and if we could have 3 options: small/medium/large?

I know the font sizes are set by the poster, however, there are a lot of threads from 2018/2019 that didn't scale too well with the sexy new forum theme.

P.S. Roland, since you said "all threads" please consider archiving these legacy mod threads as not every mod was uploaded to Nexus or available on GH. On that note, what about mega mod threads where the original post started before 2017 but was simply updated with each major revision and continues to be active to this day?

We're going by last post date. So if it's current, and active, it's fine.

Archived